Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #25
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FGX XR6 Vs VF SV6 and the winner is ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Couldn't agree more, I had a focus ST which tech wise smashed my fg with only a year difference with age. My Ute while it isn't as refined, very noisy inside etc but set the cruise at speed limit and the big turbo barra just eats up the miles and stand on the throttle and its a heap of fun. I'm sorry but there isn't a gm 6 that can match the n/a barra, let alone the turbo.
Very true . The Barra just eats the k's as if they're going out of style. Never ceases to amaze me on that fact . Add in they're basically indestructible , pretty economical (my FG averages 8.0-8.2 on a trip most of the time) and even the N/A can lift it's skirt for a bit of willing acceleration when required . Both versions of the Barra 4 litre will be remembered as a pretty handy Aussie donk. Talking the turbo and your on the way to another planet for not too much coin.
The SV6 is doubtless a pretty good ride and the timing chain issues are supposedly sorted now but all day any day I'm betting the FGX XR6 would have the better engine and transmission at least.
Tech and chassis refinements via Commodore is great but the basics are pretty damn important too.
The real tragedy is that both FGX Falcon XR6 and VF Commodore SV6 and the V8 versions too are now gone forever.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: