Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cobra Stripe kits for AU??

Im sure im gonna cop it from the anit stripe part of the forum BUT does anyone know of anywhere that makes a Cobra stripe kit for AU's? I mean the overbody stripes like on Jimt3ts5o's car?

Ive actually talked the missus into letting me have em .... ing_sm

rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

rayner22- I just had a signwriting shop make mine up and that's all you need to do- just find one that is enthusiastic about doing it......

they'd work out as much as the FPV option on the GT's for cost, take about a day to do and done right, would look great.

What are you putting them on mate?

(flattered everyone likes them, thanks!)
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

There are some on Ebay, but are designed for the BA....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BA-BAII-BF-FO...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 16-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
rayner22- I just had a signwriting shop make mine up and that's all you need to do- just find one that is enthusiastic about doing it......

they'd work out as much as the FPV option on the GT's for cost, take about a day to do and done right, would look great.

What are you putting them on mate?

(flattered everyone likes them, thanks!)
LOL my car looks exactly like your's except mines in monsoon blue (SR with TE50 kit), I've wanted to do either stripes or airbrushing for ages but had to talk the missus into it :
After I got the kit done i just wanted something more and well, new rims just didnt stop the craving lol
There is a TL50 lookalike around here locally thats got a chrome spider all the way up its side but thats a lil bit too rice for my liking!!
And airbrushing for what I wanted was gonna cost nearly 2 grand DOH!!
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
Im sure im gonna cop it from the anit stripe part of the forum BUT does anyone know of anywhere that makes a Cobra stripe kit for AU's? I mean the overbody stripes like on Jimt3ts5o's car?

Ive actually talked the missus into letting me have em .... ing_sm
I used to be one of the loud and proud advocates of striping only for the factory specs cars, but things change! If I get my way I should soon have my car looking like this (photoshopped only at the moment):

Gotta make it go faster don’t I !! :
Old 17-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

OMG ! - I'm gonna puke ..lol , But some will love them and some will hate them ( i think i could handle blue cobra stripes over the body of a white AU maybe, but that pic of those fluro'ish orange stripes on the sides over the blue makes me feel sick..makes the car look cheap...but thats just me )...I'de rather save my $$ and put it into performance mods or a set of nice wheels at first anyway.. But again thats just my 2 cents worth , everyone to their own ;) ..
As far as obtaining some ( bonnet/roof/boot or side stripes ), if you gonna go cheap and make it look like that anyway then you might as well go and get a roll or 2 of colored contact (like used to cover school books !) and cut it to size and stick it on ..lmao ... joking ! ..seriouslly -> alot of places that sell normal pinstriping have varieties of real wide pin striping in various colours , could easily obyain the width and colour , would just need to trim the lenghts . Most performance warehouses sell stuff like this .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

lol , sorry if i sounded a little horrid on those last comments , just that pic looks just like my car , same color and all ( minus the orange stripes ) .. I was just picturing myself walking back to the carpark and finding that on my car , i would be as disturbed as finding knocks and bangs all over it .. lol .. all in good heart , im not having a go ;) .lol

Old 17-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

sorry another post , but along the lines of that... does anyoe know if it is illegal to put that orange color you have their in like a checked pattern along the side (like a cop car) ..lol ? ... just even looking at those fluro oringish color striped on the blue makes it look a bit like a cop car imo .. not that i would want to do it or anything , just curious ? ..

Old 17-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Hehe no problems matey, like I said – I used to be totally anti-stripes, but it’s grown on me after seeing them on another AU. So I’m not even original to boot.

FYI I’m done with modding the engine, I got a 1.5k stereo going in shortly, so it’s all exterior mods now…and stripes are definitely down the cheap end of that. I do want a TS50 wing but that won’t be until later cause of the bucks $$

After that I’m going to stop with the mods and just enjoy the car………are mod-bug immunisations available?? :