Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-02-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Arrow Timmeh in the NT - Couple photos

For those that don't know, I am up in the NT with my job (RAAF training Hornet pilots) on a training exercise, but taking the opportunity to have a look around and get some photos.

Just went for a hike out to Katherine Gorge today despite the heat, down to one of the gorges to check out the waterfalls and check the place out, get some photography practise in.

One of the guys took an involuntary swim while soaking his hat, and noone even had to give him any help either. Not sure if there were any wildlife swimming with him, and fortunately didn't find out.

Hope you like the photos, and if I see anything else interesting up in this dusthole worth taking photos of, I'll get them up! Been here 4 weeks, 5 weeks to go! Missing alot of things about home and cannot wait to get back. Open speed limits here are fun though.

Anyways, there are a few photos in a gallery for anyone who wants to check them out:
http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/KatherineGorge

Regards, Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
FordFan86
meow

That's some beautiful scenery, i hope your enjoying yourself up there
stay safe
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been a while since I been there but it sure is a beautiful place. Shame more Aussies don't see their own country first before going o/s. BTW how long have you been at W/town. Mate was an airframe fitter there but a few years back now.
Old 13-02-2005, 02:16 AM   #4
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

ah, the old katherine gorge. did you go on the river boat tour, and if so, are they still using those big rectangular boats? the last time i was there was back in 1995 i think

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #5
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

awesum stuff tim....
I envy the opportunity - can't say I'd be overly keen of that heat though.
some nice piccies!!!(the shot with the boots is def different)
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-maen
ah, the old katherine gorge. did you go on the river boat tour, and if so, are they still using those big rectangular boats? the last time i was there was back in 1995 i think
Nah, we just grabbed our camelbacks and trekked up into the hills, then down thru the second gorge.

It hasn't rained as much this wet season as last, so the water levels weren't as high as they used to be.

Cheers for the comments, Tim!
Old 13-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #7
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Absolutely fantastic pics there Tim! Thank you for sharing them with us.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #8
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Love the waterfall one. stunning.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

nice pics tim, bet youre having a great time....

have fun and stay safe mate...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #10
Pursuit_chick
E-series mutantette

wow, looks awesome tim, nice photography skills :P, have fun
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #11
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent Tim ......

Funny we were only chatting about you today ..... you did make an impression on my missy ........ we were talking of cruises we have been on & she immediatley bought you up :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 07:41 PM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Thanks for the comments... glad some people like the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Excellent Tim ......

Funny we were only chatting about you today ..... you did make an impression on my missy ........ we were talking of cruises we have been on & she immediatley bought you up :P
^^ Oh dear. I remember when she nearly got catapulted out the passenger window around that roundabout... heh. Good thing for seatbelts and windows!

Was a good day out! Can't wait for another cruise when I get back to civilization as we know it. Well as most people know it, and Mother Nature visits occassionally. :monkes:

Tim
Old 13-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Great pic's mate, it's a beautifull place up there, well worth the visit.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #14
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

i looked at your display pick timmeh and thought WTF that car is soooo familar (saw you cruizing through newcastle one day and at the greenhills autobahn opening) then read you were gone..
Well on topic yeah nice photos i've always wanted to go visit katherine gorge..
Old 13-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #15
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Fantastic photographs, Tim. Really professional looking shots. How far was the hike and how difficult was it in the heat?
Old 13-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical_ED
i looked at your display pick timmeh and thought WTF that car is soooo familar (saw you cruizing through newcastle one day and at the greenhills autobahn opening) then read you were gone..
Well on topic yeah nice photos i've always wanted to go visit katherine gorge..
Yeah, a photographer friend has my car while I am gone so it can continue being modified and involved in photoshoots while I am gone. When friends ring me to say they saw the car, I act dumb and pretend I left it in my garage, to stress them out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Fantastic photographs, Tim. Really professional looking shots. How far was the hike and how difficult was it in the heat?
Thanks James. The hike to the second Gorge was only 3.5km each way, plus another half a km down into the base of the waterfall. About half of it was loose rocks which slows progress, obviously. It was definitely the heat that was bad, we started at 2 in the afternoon. Still, the first Gorge is only a medium difficultly, later on before I go I might try to make it to Butterfly Falls which is alot harder and about twice the distance.

I'd love to have a sunset out there to photograph but in wet season that means getting absolutely saturated, and it's not safe as there is nowhere sheltered to camp, hiking at night around Gorges is not the safest thing when you are not familiar with them.

Anyways, still planning to attack Butterfly Falls before I go (named because the walls of the canyons are so steep and high the butterfly colonies can't fly out and saturate the area, apparently), so hopefully have more photos later on.

Regards, Tim!