Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #61
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And to make things worse Keepleft, there are many immature drivers here who are obviously aware they shouldn't be in the right lane but see it as their role in life to act as moral policemen to make sure nobody exceeds the speed limit. Like UNR8D's experience where they see you behind wanting to go past, but they go into road rage and slow down or hit the brakes. These people are downright dangerous and shouldn't have licences. In Europe if someone flashes you from behind its taken as a polite request to move over. Here in the land of Oz it seems to be taken by some as a challenge to their manhood.

If you think somebody is travelling over the limit, that's between them and the law - it's not the role of the average motorist to play dangerous stupid games with them. These "moral policemen" are far more dangerous than the ones who just drive in a mental fog (who shouldn't have licences either). Both these types of motorist should be rounded up, bundled onto a plane and let loose on a German autobahn for a week.

Sorry about the rave - probably wasted on a Ford forum. I don't remember coming across any bad Ford drivers, mainly Toyota and Holden drivers I think! IMHO!
Old 13-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #62
nobbystang

Gotta concur there. Shifting to NSW was a big culture shock, L & P platers can't go above 80kmh, no wonder there is so much road rage and angry drivers. plus no one knows how to overtake anymore, everybody waits til an overtaking lane?? WTF 80kmh then 120 then back to 80.
There are a few corners on my way to work, in 100 zone, nice gentle curves in road, don't think i've followed many cars through there above 75kmh. Driving standards have gone to ИИИИe, cars are safer today than ever and handle better yet no-one knows how to drive. What is the world coming to???

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #63
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
Gotta concur there. Shifting to NSW was a big culture shock, L & P platers can't go above 80kmh, no wonder there is so much road rage and angry drivers. plus no one knows how to overtake anymore, everybody waits til an overtaking lane?? WTF 80kmh then 120 then back to 80.
There are a few corners on my way to work, in 100 zone, nice gentle curves in road, don't think i've followed many cars through there above 75kmh. Driving standards have gone to ИИИИe, cars are safer today than ever and handle better yet no-one knows how to drive. What is the world coming to???
Probably terrified of being pinged for speed, and the fact that some folk like to drive slowly to deliberately annoy other traffic. Reference this to STAYSAFE.

People use to overtake on the rural roads under derestriction, but since this was dropped in theory, July 1979, behaviour has worsened.

SEE this link for other discussion:
http://www.drivewellaustralia.com.au...t=490&start=75

AND the page before it. Some interesting links too.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 01:08 AM   #64
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I had a bloke (about 40-50yo) in an EB doing about 30-40 in a 60 zone, totally oblivous to who was behind him. He was swerving all over the place not really driving. This was ИИИИing me off, so I decided to floor it past him, I didnt give him the finger nor did I initate anything, but what I did do is slow the car down 20kph just to see if he liked it. It was more a 'cop this ИИИИИИ' experience. But I did this for at least 2k's as he lived around the corner from me. He was cursing and swearing, flashing his lights etc, but never did he attempt to pass me. I had road rage at the time, but I felt heaps better after that knowing I hadn't exceeded the speed limit or endangered others lives in the meantime, and pretty much making that dude realise what a ****er he was on the road! This happened at the end of a working day, and usually you just want to get home and relax, but having had this experience, it just made me crack. Perhaps I shouldnt have done it, but sometimes you just need to be proactive some situations.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont