Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Default Rental Property: Invalid Agreement

Having rent a property for the first time, I decided to check the paperwork. Was shocked to find the incompetent agent had actually listed the wrong address on the lease agreement, and the amount per month vs amount per week do not match. Does this in fact invalidate the rental contract and I am free to go at any time? The address is completely wrong and is in a totally different suburb, and I have been charged more than the weekly amount I agreed to, for six months now. My dealings with the agent have been absolute hell, and I am not able to get internet at these premises. Property is in Melbourne. Any ideas of what I should do or who to contact (apart from the idiot agent)?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #2
ianxy351
more cubes please...

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his technical knowledge with members. 
Default Re: Rental Property: Invalid Agreement

Try talking to these guys: http://www.tuv.org.au
1967 FJ40 Landcruiser 'Rusty'
ianxy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #3
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I guess if the rental figures are a fair bit different you best pay the lower amount then argue the point if you get queried over the shortfall.You have to be mindful of the fact that most agents don't give a rats ort about the landlord all they are interested in is their inflated fees.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Having rent a property for the first time, I decided to check the paperwork. Was shocked to find the incompetent agent had actually listed the wrong address on the lease agreement, and the amount per month vs amount per week do not match. Does this in fact invalidate the rental contract and I am free to go at any time? The address is completely wrong and is in a totally different suburb, and I have been charged more than the weekly amount I agreed to, for six months now. My dealings with the agent have been absolute hell, and I am not able to get internet at these premises. Property is in Melbourne. Any ideas of what I should do or who to contact (apart from the idiot agent)?
What do you mean the monthly rent isnt equal to the weekly rent, you do realise there are around 4.3 weeks in a month so if the weekly rent was $250, the monthly rental wouldnt be $1000, it would be $1083 as in multiply the weekly rent by 52, divide by 12.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #5
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
You have to be mindful of the fact that most agents don't give a rats ort about the landlord all they are interested in is their inflated fees.

Coudnt agree more consistently being let down by property managers is the normal.
About to sell all of my properties.....

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/hous...dation/renting