Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What are your thoughts of blokes who mow without a catcher?

Whenever me and the old man mow the grass, we trim it up afterwards to get that neat look at the front and sweep her all up to get the path etc looking sharp right, same with the backyard. I'm looking out the window at the moment across the road seeing the ******** neighbour mow through about 5 inch thick solid green grass without his catcher on and it's blowing all over the place the grass, can't even see the footpath it has that much grass on it and it's blowing on the road now all over. I mean seriously what's so ******* hard about mowing the grass and having a catcher to dump it somewhere.

What are your opinions guys?

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 02-05-2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Swear filter avoidance
Old 02-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What are your thoughts of blokes who mow without a catcher?

you gotta be kidding me, you have nothing better to do than to watch a bloke, minding his own business, mowing his lawn then grizzle about him......really!!!!!

good god, I wish I had that time to waste......

as for the answer.....if the lawn is high then the mower may block up with a catcher on so, yeah!, sometimes I do mow without a catcher.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 02-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I usually quite like myself.
Never use a catcher on my mulching mower nor on my ride on doing the paddocks.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #4
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
Whenever me and the old man mow the grass, we trim it up afterwards to get that neat look at the front and sweep her all up to get the path etc looking sharp right, same with the backyard. I'm looking out the window at the moment across the road seeing the D.H neighbour mow through about 5 inch thick solid green grass without his catcher on and it's blowing all over the place the grass, can't even see the footpath it has that much grass on it and it's blowing on the road now all over. I mean seriously what's so f ucking hard about mowing the grass and having a catcher to dump it somewhere.

What are your opinions guys?
If he rakes it up and leaves it all tidy no probs, sometimes the lawn get away from you and using a catcher will clog up if the grass is long, but if he's just left the catcher off because he's too lazy to carry it over to the bin etc. and just leaves it blowing around, he's a scum bag.

When we started out with Jims in the 90's we werent allowed to leave a blade of grass on a footpath or roadside or we'd be fined.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

If it was my neighbours, I'd likely go over with my mower (catcher on) and offer to give him a hand. When drinking a cold one after, he'll see half his yard looking neat and might be encouraged in the future to do different. Or not, his choice.

Either way, I'd be more interested in the beer after and not so much on if he does HIS lawn different to mine. ;)

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

WOW green grass, now thats something i haven't seen for a while. But if it was 5 inches thick, i'd slash it! buggered if i'm going to put a catcher on for 10 acres. But when it does come to using the mower, no i don't put a catcher on it. Yeh it hurts, and normally draws blood but thats my fault i suppose. Should mention i allways wear thongs though.
When the missus does around the house with her mower, she uses the catcher and gives the clippings to the chooks to play with.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha i'm still looking around for job/ waiting on going to tafe next month so got spare time which i'm home for a fair bit of, I just looked out the window and heard him going for it. You know if it's in the backyard mowing etc it's no problem but if its the front lawn next to the road come on, it's a pretty poor effort, **** blowing all over etc. The neighbour next to me use to do it making a huge mess on my side but me and the old man sent him the message about doing it so he doesn't do it anymore
Old 02-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lawn mowing etiquette dictates the dedicated use of a catcher - obviously, this guy does not have a clue, probably grass cut due to rental inspection.

Grass is grass - cut it, smoke it, but don't for god's sake break the covenant of utilising a naked mower - wars have been started for less.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

You obviously don't live in Morwell; your neighbour mows his lawn.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #10
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Do youse blokes live near me?

I don't use a catcher.

So should I slash me wrists now or what?
3 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 05:31 PM   #11
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't use a catcher for a couple reason. No where to put the grass that is cut, the green bin we have is a very small bin and fits 3 or so loads of grass cutting. My backyard alone is around 10 loads. So instead of the grass piling up and having a huge mountain I leave it on the grass.

The lawn is one of the lowest priorities as I don't have a huge amount of time. As long as it is not long and neatish, I am fine with it.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #12
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Do youse blokes live near me?

I don't use a catcher.

So should I slash me wrists now or what?
Hhahahaha nah Cav mate, i'm just curious to see what peoples opinions etc are here.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:59 PM   #13
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Wow, do people really get upset about lawn clippings?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #14
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
Haha i'm still looking around for job/ waiting on going to tafe next month so got spare time which i'm home for a fair bit of, I just looked out the window and heard him going for it. You know if it's in the backyard mowing etc it's no problem but if its the front lawn next to the road come on, it's a pretty poor effort, **** blowing all over etc. The neighbour next to me use to do it making a huge mess on my side but me and the old man sent him the message about doing it so he doesn't do it anymore
good luck with the job hunting mate.......please leave the poor bloody neighbour alone.

or do what I did and install cameras.....I can watch them from inside Bwah! Hah Hah!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #15
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread reminds me of the movie Disturbia.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 06:10 PM   #16
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Wow, do people really get upset about lawn clippings?
Well if it's blowing all over the joint and making a huge mess and blows onto your side when its not your mess it does kind of become annoying wouldn't you think, when the bloke doesn't give a rats *** in the first place about anyone.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #17
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be more annoyed if he was using a catcher and tipped the clippings in my yard. Depends on the yard if I'll use a catcher or not. If my yard was 5inches think. I wouldn't use a catcher. If he cops a fine from council thou. Its his own fault
Closed Thread