Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #31
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Chrysler Recalling 56,000 Jeeps Worldwide..Electrical Short Tailgate> Fire Risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I'd take a high recall rate over the ol', "oh, we've never heard of that problem before" despite it being something well known.

It could just mean that they're working hard at improving their brand rather than sticking their head in the sand.
One could also say that they (Jeep) should have designed and tested their products properly from the start rather than using the customer as free development drivers.

Yes they are "doing the right thing" but the almost weekly recalls must be annoying for customers who have, in many cases, spent plenty of money on cars that need frequent trips to the dealer to fix the gaggle of problems that should have been discovered during development.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #32
Matty4
Banana

Default Re: Chrysler Recalling 56,000 Jeeps Worldwide..Electrical Short Tailgate> Fire Risk

People seem to be forgetting one thing, Jeep is a brand, not one particular car.
It's like saying Ford are rubbish because of the recalls when in actual fact those recalls are spread over numerous models and also some recalls only affect certain model years of certain models. I'd imagine also that a lot of recalls would be for potential issues with 3rd party supplied parts and systems. Jeep (and Ford) don't manufacture 100% of the vehicle.

Mines had a few recalls but none of them have been life threatening enough to take it off the road, they were all done during routine servicing. Now that I don't have it dealer serviced if a recall is issued I will have to take it in, but on average it'll be once a year, if that.
Not really annoying IMHO.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I'd take a high recall rate over the ol', "oh, we've never heard of that problem before" despite it being something well known.

It could just mean that they're working hard at improving their brand rather than sticking their head in the sand.

or it could just mean the vehicle has a hell of a lot of faults that need to be rectified.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post