Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-02-2006, 05:27 AM   #31
micksta

i like to go to sleep as late as i can and get up as early as i can.

as u can see by my post im not tucked in my bed at reasonable times ...

my average nights are anything between 3-4 am ... weekends and holidays ... day turns into night .. night turns into day .. sleep .. day quickly turns into night b4 i can wake up.

i like to get the most out of my days and nights as i can .... sleep tends to get in the way of most things.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:30 AM   #32
BA_BOSS

Ahhh guilty of some of the 3:30 - 4:30 am posts like this one. I'm still in Bangladesh and currently 5 hours behind EST.
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #33
micksta

so thats like 11:30 ?

and ur on a Australian Ford Forums website ... thats dedication lol
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #34
BA_BOSS

11:30pm correct. I read the forums to help keep my sanity. Not too many car enthusiasts here. My XR8 has been in storage for the past 15 months and I certainly miss being able to take it out for a blast.
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #35
red_hotxr6
Banned

Cool

Four kids so maybe 4-5 hours during the week and 8-9 on the weekends as hubby looks after them for me.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #36
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Reading all this it makes me seem lazy. Hmmmm....ah well ya get that. But then again theres not much to do out where i live.
Especially when ya get a day off and work is a 40 minute drive away

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #37
SVR73
Mr Polish

8 hours is best but I've always seemed to not need it
no way I can sleep in, to me that's a waste of a beautiful morning
12 midnight to 8 am is the best time of the day
only time it's ever peaceful
Old 14-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #38
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

18yrs of night shift (melb.syd.over night 5 nights a week) have a night off between trips + here I am go figure hey. 6hrs any time is good......

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #39
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Yeah took me ages to get out of nightshift pattern, would always start falling asleep at 2pm no matter how much i had slept. Thats where energy drinks come in handy

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 14-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #40
max^power
Formerly au^ute

I get up at 7am and goto bed between 12 - 2am. I'm used to it, and i dont usually feel tired unless i've got a hangover.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #41
Ringo
I see you....

As a teenager I needed 8 hours min or else I was a a'hole to be around and I could do 12 hours of sleep no sweat. Bed at 9 or 10 to be up at 6.30am

A few years ago I hooked up with my wife who worked shorter hours than I did and went to bed at about midnight. For years it nearly killed me and I was sleep deprived constantly, work performance suffered sometimes and I craved weekend sleep ins. I used to cop comments all the time like 'what's wrong with you? & your always tired'

Wife now has to get up at about the same time as I do -Yippie
She struggles to cope where as I am so used to 6 hours of sleep that I stay up later than her and get up before her.....so of course being the geentlemen that I am I comment to her like 'what's wrong with you? & your always tired'

I now even do 3-4 hours without to much of an issue which amazes me. What I find a problem is a good weekend sleep-in messes with the sleep patterns and I end staying awak till 2 am on Monday morning.

Hey my Uncle used to sleep 4 hours a night tops but he was also a heavy smoker. He gaves up the smokes a few year back and now sleeps 6 hours. I don't smoke but do you think that being addicted to nicotene may effect sleep patterns? The body is deprived of nicotene so wakes up to have a ciggy?
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #42
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

My sleeping habits are gonna be knocked around something shocking the next few days. I got 12 hour shift! Yay! If i was to get 8 hours sleep a night, i would be home an hour and a half before i would have to go to bed.
So so tired right now

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 16-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #43
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sleep late wake up late is my sleeping habits.

I usually knock out around 3-4 and wake up 11-12. Anything above 1-2pm and I'll end up with a headache.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #44
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

I do shift work, so I dont a sleeping habit.
Old 16-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #45
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey_XF
My sleeping habits are gonna be knocked around something shocking the next few days. I got 12 hour shift! Yay! If i was to get 8 hours sleep a night, i would be home an hour and a half before i would have to go to bed.
So so tired right now
Try doing 2 14 hour days a week, every week. Last thursday i went to the movies wit a friend and didn't drop her off till 11:3opm got to sleep about 12:3o, started work at 5 am on friday and i felt better all day than when i go to bed at 9 or 1o. Go figure...............
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #46
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'm used to not much sleep.
Especially when I have to drive 75km one way to work ... and then the same back home again after a 12 hour shift (that's if i get out on time as well).
I do about 4 of those per week ..... then there's my other job of doing courier work ... on the road at 6am in the morning ... never home before 8pm for every other day.

Weekends ... what are they ... I work those too.
My next weekend off work that I can see now is my wedding in September.
Doesn't help when someone in my team gets sacked and the roster gets screwed around. Plus there's no provision for new headcount for the team.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #47
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Dont sleep much but when I do I moan (Not from sex unfortunately). I also have nightmares about my car being damaged and pleasent dreams of seeing my car fully done. I have also been known to say an entire shopping list, asked if its genuine Ford, say random crap about anything and everthing. Ask XRWidow and Green Rob. Stayed at there house the other week.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #48
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Dont sleep much but when I do I moan (Not from sex unfortunately). I also have nightmares about my car being damaged and pleasent dreams of seeing my car fully done. I have also been known to say an entire shopping list, asked if its genuine Ford, say random crap about anything and everthing. Ask XRWidow and Green Rob. Stayed at there house the other week.
LOL ... that's funny.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #49
gozza

i get up at 7
go to bed after 12
and most nights i squirm and don't sleep right
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #50
efgiar
rofl copter

im the heaviest sleeper out the lot of u, i slept in one day, thru my alarm, woke up at 9 and i was meant to start work at 8, i slept 3 hours thru a blaring alarm, not on music on that really anoying BEEEP BEEP BEEP.. i didnt really get in trouble either! i usually sleep 20-30 mins thru my alarm, but latly been waking up 5 mins after. i sleep pretty heavily :P

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #51
PapaG
Stock BA atm

Default Geez, I'm Lazy

I don't have a job, and Uni is pretty much like being on Holidays, so I go to bed about 1-2am and sleep til about 12 on average, sometimes til 2 or 3pm. Maybe its because I don't have any reason to get up, I dunno but I'd like to do something about it so I don't continue to waste my life. Any suggestions?
James sleep: sleep: sleep: sleep: sleep:
Old 17-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #52
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Just to add to my previous post. My old man is the only person I know that can get up in the morning have a shower, eat breakfast get dressed in a suit. The lie down on the couch for 5 minutes (what turns into hours) and have no recollection of getting up at all.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #53
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaG
I don't have a job, and Uni is pretty much like being on Holidays, so I go to bed about 1-2am and sleep til about 12 on average, sometimes til 2 or 3pm. Maybe its because I don't have any reason to get up, I dunno but I'd like to do something about it so I don't continue to waste my life. Any suggestions?
James sleep: sleep: sleep: sleep: sleep:
Ah yes, take 4 hours of your sleeping time and use it looking for a job. Even if it is a casual one you will feel 100% better about yourself. And i mean this in the best possible way.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #54
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Just to add to my previous post. My old man is the only person I know that can get up in the morning have a shower, eat breakfast get dressed in a suit. The lie down on the couch for 5 minutes (what turns into hours) and have no recollection of getting up at all.
I used to do something similar with nightshift. I'd wake up, have a shower and when i got out i'd wake up. At this point i would relise that i still needed sleep so back to bed for me

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 19-02-2006, 02:09 AM   #55
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My sleep patterns are pretty rooted, i've had heaps of direfent jobs ranging from 7 to 14 hours a day. the ex complained I was tired all the time, lol, wonder why :P

Right now im not working, when im unemployed i'm known to not sleep until 4 or 5 am and wake up at 11:30 without fail every day.

There is something about 11:30, i have no idea why it is but thats the time I wake up!

P.S efgiar "Yeah, I know"
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #56
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I have no sleeping habits. Due to the rostering I work I could be working 0600hrs one day, 1500hours the next and then 2300hours the next. Some days I finish at 2300hrs and start next morning 0700hours. :
My neighbour used to finish the night shift at 0700 and had to be back at 1500, quick changover I think she called it.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post