Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XG_Falcon View Post
Why is it that I'm the only guy at my gym that knows how to use a bench press correctly?

The correct procedure:
1) lift weights until you're exhausted
2) get up and let somebody else use the bench

They all seem to think it's:
1) do one set
2) sit there and talk to your buddy on the next bench for twenty minutes before doing another set.

I don't even want to get started on the blokes that seem to think it's necessary to hoard every piece of iron in the building for their curls... even though they only end up using one dumbbell.

Seriously what is up with that?

Because they're self absorbed *******. It appears to be the norm in gyms today. I see so many people do one set and then sit on the machine and text, surf the net, Facebook and six or seven minutes later they're still sitting there while other people are waiting to use the gear. Or people that expect to reserve 3 bits of gear so they can superset at 5:30pm when the gym is at maximum capacity. I've been trying at the gym for over 30 years and it's the worst I've seen but now days I have no problem either telling them to hurry the **** up or get off.
Old 22-11-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Because they're self absorbed *******. It appears to be the norm in gyms today. I see so many people do one set and then sit on the machine and text, surf the net, Facebook and six or seven minutes later they're still sitting there while other people are waiting to use the gear. Or people that expect to reserve 3 bits of gear so they can superset at 5:30pm when the gym is at maximum capacity. I've been trying at the gym for over 30 years and it's the worst I've seen but now days I have no problem either telling them to hurry the **** up or get off.
I know i hate those people, and usually have to wait for them or go on another machine in the hope they hurry up before you cool down.
Usually the young blokes who do 5 mins of workouts in an hour then they strut around infront of the mirror to see if that 5 mins has done anything. lol so funny.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
That's why I train at home, I would end up punching someone or dropping a weight on their head if I trained in a public gym.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Why is a shipment sent by car......and cargo sent by ship ?

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: