Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default air intake piping

hey guyss, i have managed to JUST fit my BA airbox into the AU, but i tore that bendy rubber pipe connector, that connects to the other plastic pipe thing that goes to the throttle body.. (with me??) :hihi:

now, i want to chuck all the plastic crap out and go for something bigger and better, i saw some pics in the show us your AU engine bay, and i like the look of some of the polished ones, can anyone tell me where to get a set up from, or should i just stick to the factroy piping?

i have been reading lately that bigger aint always better on the AU I6.. is that true?

my little brother wants to go a POD setup, but i only got the K&N flat panel filter about 6 months ago and it seems to work well, what have you guys tried.. and what has actually been better?

um, if you managed to understand ANY of that, feel free to reply.

cheers

Rob

sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

What was required to make the box fit, got any pics, would love one in my EA.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
buickman
buickman

I posted a pic of the pod set up this morning on another thread. I refitted the pod filter back up & reset the computer. I forgot how much throttle response it has over the paper one.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=34956
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
sfr rob

it wasnt hard, it actually doesnt fit, i didnt want to start cutting bits and pieces off the box.
They (au & BA airbox's) are pretty similar, the ba's lid is alot taller, which makes it hard to close the bonnet. i am sorting something out now, then i will take some photos. i want to get maybe a 3.5 inch intake pipe made up by my old mate and see how that goes from the box to he throttle body.

buickman, post some more pics in here if you can...
Old 13-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
buickman
buickman

OK.

buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
sfr rob

sweet. that looks very nice..

i am having clearance troubles with the BA box JUST hitting the bonnet and making it sit up, i can move the box enough to get it to sit flat... just need more time.

going to reset the ECU this arvo and take it for a quick fang, see if i can fell ANY difference!