Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
Ozigoo

Default Hayman Reece towbar instal info attached

Hi, I bought a HR towbar from the wreckers and recieved the instal instructions from a local Pedders store.
Its for an 08 Mondeo MA
Thought Id share them here as they are very detailed...
Maybe add them to your database
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MondeoMATwbr.pdf (422.3 KB, 85 views)
Ozigoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Hayman Reece towbar instal info attached

Thanks - I will add it to the Tech information.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
nevetsg

This is all interesting because I just transferred the FORD genuine towbar from my MA to my MC on the weekend. It is interesting that they don't use the existing plugs for the trailer wiring in the RHS loom.

I now have the issue that the rear sensors are constantly going off in reverse. Other posts seems to suggest that a dealer needs to reprogram the car. I can't see in these instructions what Hayman have included to mitigate this issue. Unless it has something to do with the fuses in steps 16-20?

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box

Last edited by nevetsg; 23-02-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: typo
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
Ozigoo

I just finished the install of the wireing, and havent tried the system yet with the tounge in...I took the tounge off mine until I actually need to tow something..Im anticipating having the same trouble as you with the reverse sensors as I doubt anything in this setup will alter the fact that a big lump of metal is in the way....lol... I think your right in that a dealer needs to go into the computer system and adjust the "depth " of the rear sensors...ie make them register something in the way from an extra 200mm back...ill report back if I dont have a problem but I doubt it... easiest way even though a little bit of a hassle is to just remove the tounge until you need to tow something..besides it looks neater without the tounge.....
Old 24-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
Binny

My MC came with a Hayman Reese towbar on it when I bought it used last year.
The first time I went to use a hire trailer I noticed the brake lights didn't work. I tried another trailer and it was the same.
When I got home I traced the wiring and found some numbnuts had connected both the brake and tail light wires to tail light wiring, one on each side sigh. The towbar looked like it had been used a fair bit too. The previous owner obviously never checks the trailer lights when he hooks one up.

As for the sensors mine don't go off constantly with the towbar on, I have it fitted all the time. It only goes off constantly in reverse when you have a trailer hooked up.
I assume that "factory" towbars are integrated to disable the sensors if a trailer is hooked up.
Old 24-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #6
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
My MC came with a Hayman Reese towbar on it when I bought it used last year.
The first time I went to use a hire trailer I noticed the brake lights didn't work. I tried another trailer and it was the same.
When I got home I traced the wiring and found some numbnuts had connected both the brake and tail light wires to tail light wiring, one on each side sigh. The towbar looked like it had been used a fair bit too. The previous owner obviously never checks the trailer lights when he hooks one up.

As for the sensors mine don't go off constantly with the towbar on, I have it fitted all the time. It only goes off constantly in reverse when you have a trailer hooked up.
I assume that "factory" towbars are integrated to disable the sensors if a trailer is hooked up.
The factory towbar comes with a trailer module. When you plug in the trailer to the socket on the back of the car, the modules disables the rear sensors. Works a treat as long as the car has been told it has a trailer module - mine forgets occasionally.
Old 24-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
nevetsg

Hello,

So I called two dealer service departments today.
Dealer 1: "People come in with the same problem all the time. we just tell them to take the tongue off"

Dealer 2: "That is very strange. Their is no Computer update for towbars, maybe there is something in the sensor loom. I will investigate and call you back"
Called back: "It should just work with the tow module. Maybe the module for the MC is different to the MA. If you get the part number and call the parts dept they may be able to confirm"
(guess which dealer I will be calling next time)

I did notice a difference with the pre-cut holes to mount the module. MA= 2 square holes, MC= 1Square 1round hole.
I have part number 6G9N-14B192-AC

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #8
Ozigoo

Think ill just leave the tongue off when not towing....