Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #1
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Default Jekyll and Hyde Drinkers?

So I'm working behind the bar, just like any other Friday night, not too many in, thought might be an early one. One of the regulars comes in, seems ok, turns out he's off his face, starts abusing the manager (not me yet) wants another beer "sorry mate beers off" from the manager. Starts goingn nuts, being a real d1ck. so then he turns on me. Now I haven't got loads of scary drunk people ecperience, I was wondering are there any thoughts on handling them without risking breaking their nose OR worse yet, having a pool que wrapped around my head. Yes, it did occur to me to call the bouncers, however, when we've only got say less than 20 in we don't get one.

Thoughts anyone?

42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

In your position, the worst thing to do is openly disagree with an angry drunk, unless you're prepared to go toe-to-toe.
You could end up his 'best mate' (in his eyes) by sympathizing with his plight, but at the same time letting him know there's nothing you can do.
Just stay friendly but firm. It can be hard at times, but it can work.
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

wrap the pool cue around their head first :
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
wrap the pool cue around their head first :
Lol...I second that!!

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
Perun
SSith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
You could end up his 'best mate' (in his eyes) by sympathizing with his plight
I've found that to be the best method to calm down an aggro drunk over the years.
Perun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
In your position, the worst thing to do is openly disagree with an angry drunk, unless you're prepared to go toe-to-toe.
You could end up his 'best mate' (in his eyes) by sympathizing with his plight, but at the same time letting him know there's nothing you can do.
Just stay friendly but firm. It can be hard at times, but it can work.
Agree. I have worked in a few bars and this was always the first step. Agression begets agression. Most of the time the local will walk in the next day all cow eyed and apologetic. NEVER walk into a fight that you don't know your opponent. Get all the male staff together and firmly walk him to the door and then a couple stand at the door to make sure he does'nt return.
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

I used to tell them that the other pub on the corner was still open and thats where we are all heading now the beers off here .
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #8
GTFORDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
I used to tell them that the other pub on the corner was still open and thats where we are all heading now the beers off here .
thats what advice i was of thinking of giving, gotta be quike i guess
GTFORDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Thanks guys, sadly to poor bugger is now barred (abusing the owner and calling everyone C***S is too far) so he can apologise all he wants to me, I've got no say.

But I appreciate the advice, should the need arise again.

Might try and get rid of these man boobs and lift some weights eh!!! ehehehehe
Old 04-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
XRated
Shoot.

You've gotta love an agro drunk.. But what do you do when it's your best mate getting angry all the time?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 01:26 AM   #11
PapaG
Stock BA atm

Seeings ist all ok now there's no need for my input but here it is anyway. Be very firm but not aggressive, tell him that he is intoxicated and it is against the law to serve intoxicated people. It's out of your hands, and if he doesn't like it or if he gets agro tell him you're going to call the police. Then call the police. If he threatens violence ring 000, they have to come!

Serving up beer and spirits is a very important job, keep up the good work.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #12
myxr6
Banned

How about a stun gun to the testicles.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #13
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaG
Serving up beer and spirits is a very important job, keep up the good work.
Look, I mean it's hard work you know, the blokes wanna be your best mate cause they'll get served first and the ladies are quite happy to show a glimpse of lace if they think it'll reduce the price of the drinks (which as much as I'd like it to never will) The hardest bit is wtching everyone get ИИИИed and have fun while you run around like a headless chook making sure the head is just right on the beers!!!! WOo WOOOO :
Old 06-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #14
F6 UTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
You've gotta love an agro drunk.. But what do you do when it's your best mate getting angry all the time?

You grab a couple of mates and belt the ИИИИИ out of him.

OR, when he's blind, drop him out of the car/taxi and make him walk..

Don't spose he drinks bundy does he??
F6 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #15
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
Look, I mean it's hard work you know, the blokes wanna be your best mate cause they'll get served first and the ladies are quite happy to show a glimpse of lace if they think it'll reduce the price of the drinks (which as much as I'd like it to never will) The hardest bit is wtching everyone get ИИИИed and have fun while you run around like a headless chook making sure the head is just right on the beers!!!! WOo WOOOO :
been there done that . it is not what you think from the other side of the bar is it.
i was lucky . i hated the owners son . who used to cover the shift as manager he was a reel tool . he used to sit down and just drink all night . that was his shift . and he liked a fight . so whenever i had trouble with a drunken angry customer , i'd call on the manager to sort the problem out . usually it ended up with 2 drunks ( the customer and the owners son- manager) on the floor . and most of the time this weeks drunken customer would beat the ИИИИИe out of the manager . it was just great stuff!!!!!
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #16
myxr6
Banned

I am a cuddly, touchy feely drunk.Love to kiss and cuddel when drunk.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxr6
I am a cuddly, touchy feely drunk.Love to kiss and cuddel when drunk.
often more dangerous than an angry drunk .
but somone has too keep the STD doctors in business . hahaha.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #18
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 UTE
You grab a couple of mates and belt the ИИИИИ out of him.

OR, when he's blind, drop him out of the car/taxi and make him walk..

Don't spose he drinks bundy does he??
Problem is, he's ripped a hell of a lot more than any of us!! Not only that, he usually ends up cracking the sads when we ask why he has to do stupid stuff and usually ends up walking home.

Nah, he's not a Bundy drinker. Beers (they're cheap!).

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #19
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated

The best agro drunk I know happens to be my mans EX ........... she will argue the point with a cat if she could ........... not good when she turns up at 3am after a binge and wants to 'talk' ..........

Only way I have learnt to deal with is it to agree with them but never give in at the same time ............ py:
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #20
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

just give the man another beer thats all he wants.

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:31 AM   #21
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
been there done that . it is not what you think from the other side of the bar is it.
i was lucky . i hated the owners son . who used to cover the shift as manager he was a reel tool . he used to sit down and just drink all night . that was his shift . and he liked a fight . so whenever i had trouble with a drunken angry customer , i'd call on the manager to sort the problem out . usually it ended up with 2 drunks ( the customer and the owners son- manager) on the floor . and most of the time this weeks drunken customer would beat the ?????e out of the manager . it was just great stuff!!!!!
Oddly enough mate, I really enjoy things from the sober side of the bar, I mean, tonight for instance, this bird just kept dancing infront of me, not on purpose, just cause a song she liked would some on, and away you go, the hips start shaking, the rest of her starts shaking..... ;) (NOT THAT MUCH THE REST OF HER, just the right parts) hehehehe
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #22
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
Oddly enough mate, I really enjoy things from the sober side of the bar, I mean, tonight for instance, this bird just kept dancing infront of me, not on purpose, just cause a song she liked would some on, and away you go, the hips start shaking, the rest of her starts shaking..... ;) (NOT THAT MUCH THE REST OF HER, just the right parts) hehehehe
yeah that was good . lots of offers lots of differant people. but i was too young and nieve at the time. yeh good times though .the drinks for staf after closure was great too.especially when the managers son would be sitting there feeling good about him self , thinking that hed won. but hats off to you dude . it does make a bloke feel good seeing happy dancing girls . : :