Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #31
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Keys locked in boot, AUII with gas tank

great 5 year threadmine

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #32
walter351

i just want to come on and say thankyou for saving my bro alot of money, he has a au ford xr6, with a lpg tank in the boot, he locked his keys in the car, first attempt cut through one of the speakers to grab at the boot release but it was unsuccessful, next attempt was to pop out the switch button run a power cable from the battery and touch the power wire on the boot button to try popping it which didnt work then i came on here, read about removing the 5amp fuse middle row far right, removed it for 5 seconds, put it back in, pressed the button and bam, the boot popped open, so thankyou so very much for taking that note, another thing i add to my book
walter351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #33
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A good idea is always a good idea. This is one of the ways this forum can save you $$$ (unlike the build thread which encourages u to spend more
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacant View Post
You can also remove the lower shroud on the steering column to expose the back of the ignition barrell and use a jump wire to apply power to the accessory or ignition circuit, then press the boot release button.
Yeah, all I did was run a hotwire from the battery to the centre back of the cigarette lighter socket while pushing the boot open button.

Just make sure you don't short the wire on the sides on the way in.
kcej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 04:41 AM   #35
myself007
Starter Motor

It is a stinking hot late night in Melbourne. I am reading this thread while my keys are peacefully asleep inside the boot and the gas tank almost laughing. I will try the fuse trick in the morning and see what happens.
myself007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #36
myself007
Starter Motor

Angry Re: Keys locked in boot, AUII with gas tank

First thing in the morning I walked to the car, took the fuse box cover off. Middle row far right is a 10 amp fuse. Well, my car is an AU3. Maybe it is a slight change between models. Pulled the fuse and put it back, then pushed the boot button ... ....not a sound. Second fuse was a 5 amp, why not try it? nothing more to lose ... pull the fuse out ... put it back .... push the boot button ...listen to the big bang ... the boot is open!
Thank you guys. That was wonderful.
myself007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2015, 12:32 AM   #37
Spurious

I'm taking notes here guys. Is the 5amp fuse the body electrics one?
I presume so.

Last edited by Spurious; 10-01-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nicely done .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #39
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

the fuse trick definitely works I've done it before locking my keys in the boot behind my sub box >.< pull fuse, insert and press that boot release button a few times and it pops open!
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post