Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Default 2014 - How did it treat you?

Seeing as there is a thread about "time off and rest" this time of the year, it got me to think about the year 2014 and what it meant for me.

So here is this thread about 2014.... what did it bring for you? The highs, the lows, the achievements, the learnings (not failures but learnings).

I'll go first....

The High's

- 5 and a bit week holiday in the middle of the year. Just amazing. Spending time with my mum and dad's families and to see where they were born in Sicily and to see their houses. Just mind blowing.

- Job promotion, up a rung in the ladder.

The Low's

- Losing my dad in April this year. Felt like I lost my best friend. Having lost my mum 3 years ago, it just feels like I have a void in my heart now.

- Within 5 months of losing dad, my wife loses her dad in a sudden turn of events.

The Challenges

- Definitely work

- We now have my mother in law living us, so this is challenging within itself

So for my family, a year of highs and lows but I am grateful that I have my wife, my beautiful (sometimes painful) daughters, I have a good job. Yes it is stressful and I have to sometimes work my ring off, but hey I have a job.

So this is my 2014, I can only hope that 2015 is bigger and better in many ways.

Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Default Re: 2014 - How did it treat you?

Overall a pretty good 2014.
Deepest sympathies with the passing of your dad and father inlaw - first Christmas without them.
Very admirable to take in your mother inlaw, but remember to take some time out for yourselves too. Good luck for 2015
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

First solo overseas trip this year. LOVED IT! Hoping to head back to Finland in 2015.

Otherwise a pretty quiet year, having culled a few "friends" in previous years.
Glad to be rid of the drama.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Totally agree Feathers, we too have culled people that just seem to attract the drama. Life is too short.

And yes this first Christmas without both dads was certainly a tough one. Didn't expect to be so emotional as I was.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

2014 continued the erosion of myself.

Highs:

- What highs??? Seriously, unless you consider still being alive to continue an existence of misery being a "high" ffs.

Lows:

- Every waking hour. Sleep is far more liberating than one might expect.

Oh but poor-hard-done-by-*******-me right? Its just ****ing in the wind having first world problems...
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2014 worst year I have ever experienced and it started on January the first.
January the 1st found out my close mate died in a car accident
March my mum had a heart attack
April mum had a triple bypass surgery and it went bad, they lost her for 12 minutes thank God they managed to save her but she has been in and out of hospital since then.
June my sister was in a car accident car written off
December needing sometime to think I thought I would go for a late drive in my BA GT and 2 minutes from home to avoid a dog running across the road I ended up smashing the front of my car, find out this Monday or Tuesday if they are going to repair it.
Goodbye 2014 please be good 2015
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2014 was a strange year. Full of highs but also plenty of lows and they seemed to follow each other so there was no real momentum through the year.

highs included a new house, a great camping trip with mates, settling things down at work so things are trending up, and ive managed to keep my partner putting up with me after all we've been through, money matters are looking much better, holidays were had, really was a year full of fun and games!

Lows, well cancer touched us through the year. My partners 12 year old sister was diagnosed with a form of aggressive tumours late November 2013, her recovery was hit and miss for a while after that. Then just as things were looking up she got news it had returned so she had to go through it all again. Her uncle was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma, her Great uncle just died, literally for no reason, just went. My dog was mauled badly but did recover. Two weeks later he ran away after a bad storm, luckily we found him.

But in saying all that my resolution every year is to finish the year in a better place than I started it. Even after everything that happened, I have family, friends, a good job and money in my pocket. I learnt a lot about my self and the world, so while a strange year I'd still call it a successful one.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:52 PM   #8
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Was a strange year.

Good:
Got married and then got a fantastic puppy

Bad:
2 months after the wedding one of our bridesmaids died from cystic fibrosis. Her last day out of hospital was our wedding.

On honey moon my grandfather had 2 strokes.

Dad also had a stint put in his heart as it was 95% blocked.

Bring on 2015 baby
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post