Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
Ludacris
Starter Motor

Default How much is my AU wagon worth

Just want peoples opinions on what AU Forte wagons are worth.

Mine is a 1998 Galaxy blue.... AUII XR6 Rims and AUI Front end....

as pictured. http://www.aufalcon.com/XRWagon.htm

I am thinking of selling but have no idea what for

Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would say around $10 or 11000. Mine's an AU2, and is probably worth 12 to 14, maybe!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

hard to say , i only just recentlly purchased my AUII XR6 VCT for $10,400 in immaculate condition ( and managed to get insurance for $20,000 ) , so i didnt mind paying 10,400 for it ....... if that gives u anything to go by comparison price wise compared to year model , although alot of people did say i got a bargain, and not forgetting that isnt an original xr6 , looks nice though imo prolly around the 9's maximum , but thats just going off prices i seen latelly on other cars similar while searching th ecar yards etc etc ..they can go for anything really , goto an auction and ull get 1 next to nothing , that goes for any model car nearlly .. , nice car anyways and welcome to the forums.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Oh if anyone is interesten in the insurance mob i went through , its ALLIANCE - they insured my car for another 1/3 more than other insurers and for nearlly half the price , fully comp , rating 1 , i am 33 - in melbourne - cost me $580 a year to insure for $20,000 , well known insurance company too , is incorperated with the teachers union bank ( been around since schools have and very reliable ) ..
Old 02-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kms and location would also have a bearing on the price
Old 02-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
chief
FTF Club Moderator

My wagon is insured for $15,000 AU II stock. Bought it a couple of years ago for $16,500 + onroads in Nov 2003.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I own one so I am not happy to say this but it would be worth between $6-$8k. I don't think an AU forte wagon won't fetch $10k.

Yours is a nice looking example in a good colour with nice body mods and wheels. Anyone wanting one like that would have to be prepared to pay a bit extra. But selling modded cars is hard. People want to mod it themselves or if they don't they want a modded car but can't afford it. Dealers and the trade just want stock std cars and won't touch modded cars as they are too much trouble.

In short I would hang on to it its not worth selling for what you'd get for it.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Jonbays .... your spot on the ball there , well said ! .... its sad but true :( - i remember back when i was 18 if i could of got a car like what u can get nowerdays for the $$ spent i would of been stoked , dam - unlike an old rusted out xe back in my days was still worth $5000 easy (the 80's, gee i miss em' ..lol) -, these days u new p platers can get a half decent stock pretty late model car in nice condition and smooth as to drive etc, not like old day bad window noise leaks , bad engine noise , bad economy ) - list goes on ..old cars went well in their days ( some still do go well ) and felt smooth etc back then , but after driving a new car these days cars most old cars feel like your driving a tractor or something ...lol .. ok- enuff complaining from me .lmao