Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
eXi7w0unD

Default narsty scratch

was about to hail, so i moved my car into the drivethrough at work (i work at a pub as a chef) anyway, i drove in and their was chipboards and plasterboards in a pile no to higher then 5 cm, so i stop the car and the manager starts closing the big metal rolladoor... i didnt know so i drove over the wood, as i did this the manager closed it on my boot whilst i was driving forward, manager didnt know my car was their so he starts to pull the chian down harder onto my car while i was moving forward :(

yer long story short i have 1 key like skratch very deep on the boot and lots of little paint scratches, i went to 2 panalbeaters and got a quote for $250 at 1 and $341 at the other.

what i would like to know is how do they fix the scratchs.. 1 guy said he had to sand the whole boot, after he debadged it and then he is to do a 2pac galaxy blue paint on it., will this look like a differnt shade colour to the rest of the car when its done?

btw, the manager is paying for it all.

eXi7w0unD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

sounds about right if the scratches are real deep may require a light fill or putty.
paint match shouldn"t be a problem to good paint shop they will blend it into the tops of the 1/4s + should be good again. just check for over spray on other panels be for you accept the finished job .. dam unlucky tho.. hope all goes well
Cheers Whoosha....

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Really , imo too - a full respay of the boot WOULD be need, light scratches u can usually toutch up and cut and polish out and get away with it , buf for the sake of trying to fix a huge deep scratch/scratches then sand it flat to the last paintjob surface without leaving scratches in ya old paint then having to match it absolutelly spot on ( or ull see lines ! - more obvious its been repaired imo than a slightly diff color full resprayed boot ) - is just to much work - is easier just to fully sand it roughlly and respray it totally . If the scratches are that deep and alot of them , then I wouldnt be suprised actually if it would cost u more to get it toutched up propperlly than getting it fully resprayed ! . much easier imo to just do a full respray of the boot. - and as far as looking a different color - so long as your car isnt fadded , that paint color is manafactured my the gallons and is pretty spot on ;) ! , can allways cut the new shiny boot back lighty when u get it back to make it match the older paint so it looks like it was never done , up2u ..lol
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

lmao....Or read about basic panel beaing repairs if u wanna save some money , it will take a bit of time to get it spot on repairing just 1 deep scratch but it is possible to get it spot on np , just takes alot of patience and time cutting back the toutchups spot on flat to the existing surface with VERY fine wet and dry sandpaper , then when totally flat - buff the finish up with something like nu-finish and bla bla bla ..lol....... thats just a quick general description ... good luck.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
eXi7w0unD

thanks, i just wasnt sure if it was a good idea to paint the boot 2pac and leave the care as is.

ill book it in tomorrow and yea, after that im getting an exhust !
eXi7w0unD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

leave it alll to the pros,,, paining is a c*nt

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

..lol .. yeah painting aint fun , had my share of good and bad experiences , nearlly killed myself years ago accidentlly inhaling to many epoxy fumes from expoxy paint while repainting my old motorbike - i couldnt breath -thought i was gonna dye - ended up in hospital ) - taught me a valuable lesson , if u are going to SPRAY paint then allways wear a mask , they dont do much but do help ) - i remeber seeing a doc years ago about some crap and they showed a spray painter by trade who died at age 36 , they cut his lungs in half and it was like a fullblown rainbow with tons of thin layers of paint colors layer upon layer , was hardy any room left in his lung :( - no way i would do it as a trade .