Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
riverrat321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Advice on selling my VN Commodore.

Hi guys I recentyl purchased an EL V8 wagon. Great car. I'm now trying to sell my 1991 Vn Commodore. Rego runs out in Febuary and they nocked it back for the pink slip saying it needs a new steering rack which will be $350 - $400 fitted.

My question is should I sell it now as is with 2 weeks or so rego or should I sell it with a pink slip (bearing in mind that will cost me $428) or should I sell it with 12 months rego?

I really wanted $850 for the car as is and if I get pink slip or rego I would want to add that onto the cost of the car. I put it on e-bay starting at $1 and a reserve price of $850 but it only wen't up to $660. I've now re-advertised it on e-bay starting at $750 with no reserve. It's only got 150 k's and I think my price is reasonable.

Should I mabe put it in the Trading Post? I'm a shift worker and really didn't wan't to be woken up through the day with phone calls but I might have to. Do you think I should wreck it? Any advice on this would be great. Thanks again...

riverrat321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sometimes you gotta take what you get for it. I bought an XE wagon $1,600, put rego on it, did the Exhaust, replaced some gaskets to stop the oil leaks, new clutch cable and new windscreen. Sold it less than 6 months later and got $900 for it. In the end, i just had to take what i could get for it. That's all anyone was willing to pay
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Cut your losses and move on. If you get rack/rego/pink slip on it, do you think someone will be willing to pay $850 plus the costs of getting the slip?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i wouldnt spend any money on it anymore thats for sure
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
riverrat321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that guys. I might put it in the trading post and see how I go.
riverrat321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post