Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Options for a tradesmen.

thats a pretty nice ute body, but having a look at that , it looks to me like a handy bloke such as yourself EBII Fairmont could easily fabricate something along similar lines for a fraction of the cost.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #32
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi all, I thought I would continue on this thread rather than starting a new one. I have purchased an FG cab chassis. I am now looking at putting a canopy on the tray. My question is, what is a better material to use for the canopy? Aluminum or fibre glass? Which is also the lighter material? I've had a chat to two shops but I'm getting vague answers and not happy with the customer service. I am also actively looking on ebay and gumtree.

If someone could answer my questions i would greatly appreciate it.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #33
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Look at mw sheet metal. They make some nice gear. We have 10 utes at work with the flexiglass Canopys over the trays, all were bought over 4 years and 5 have the same keys so who knows who can get in yours. Also I kicked up a stink about not wanting a flexiglass canopy as they are not secure. Boss didn't belive me so I showed him how it takes two bare hands and 4 seconds to pull the back window open.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #34
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have Hyundai iLoads at work (police divisional vans) and they've been fantastic. Very reliable and they drive well. If you go for an iLoad just make sure you get a diesel auto. The petrol engine models are really gutless and I wouldn't bother with one.

Russ.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #35
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Giant Cranium, they aren't far from where I live. I will go tomorrow and have a chat to to them.

ozpacman, I purchased a cab chassis a few weeks back and now looking at putting a canopy with roof racks to carry all my gear.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #36
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to day Giant Cranium and had a chat to the guys at mw sheet metal and not only am I happy with their product and quality of service, their price smashed everyone else. Funny thing I also found out, a few of the other companies I had a chat to are selling their product. May as well cut out the middleman and go straight to the source. Thanks again mate, appreciate your help.
This user likes this post: