Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
XRated
Shoot.

Default I need a place to camp in Vic/NSW

Me and a few friends want to go camping for a few nights but we're stumped on where to go.

Ideally, we're after somewhere that's warm, has a beach, inlet, river or lake (swimmable). We don't particularly want to stay at a caravan park because we want to be noisy and up all night. However, we'd like access to a toilet and shower, if not I guess it's no big drama. It needs to be within 10 minutes drive to a town so we can get supplies if need be... And to be difficult, we don't want it to be more than 2-3 hours drive out of Melbourne. I think that's about all.

We're just amateurs, we're not looking for anything extreme. Just a place to relax by the water, swim, talk 5hite and be loud.

Has anyone stayed at Surprise Lake? It sounds really nice, as does Stevenson's Falls.

Suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
MAD
Petro-sexual

Glenmaggie is quite nice by the lake, I cant remember the name of the park we stayed at though. Outside of peak periods (eg. new years) its normally quiet. Powered sites are available, there is a toilet/shower block and about 10mins drive out of town.
Its approx 2.5hrs from melbourne.
Old 21-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
XRated
Shoot.

That sounds nice. And a pub is a bonus!!

I just called the info centre at "Nelson" and got some great help. There are a couple of camping sites next to the Glenelg river that are secluded. Further down in Discovery Bay there is a fresh water lake, and 500m from that is the beach! That sounds ideal... Has anyone stayed here by any chance??

I can't wait!!!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

there are some places just out of apollo bay that might be suitable...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
That sounds nice. And a pub is a bonus!!

I just called the info centre at "Nelson" and got some great help. There are a couple of camping sites next to the Glenelg river that are secluded. Further down in Discovery Bay there is a fresh water lake, and 500m from that is the beach! That sounds ideal... Has anyone stayed here by any chance??

I can't wait!!!!
XRated, Nelson is only 25minutes from me and about the same to 2 citys, Mt Gambier S.A and Portland Vic. My mother has a hoilday house in Nelson but sorry, they're in it at the moment. Good spot for fishing and camping alike, and some nice sweepy roads, and if u stay at the Nelson caravan park let them know u might be rowdy and they should put you up the back somwhere & bring ur own kangaroo repellant! Most of the camping sites along the Glenelg are easily accessed most are sealed limestone but there are some sandy bush tracks. Let us know if you are coming down this way and i'll organise a small cruise around some local sights.!!.
P.S the local at Nelson is right aolng the river.

Last edited by rapidxr6; 21-01-2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: pub
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidxr6
XRated, Nelson is only 25minutes from me and about the same to 2 citys, Mt Gambier S.A and Portland Vic. My mother has a hoilday house in Nelson but sorry, they're in it at the moment. Good spot for fishing and camping alike, and some nice sweepy roads, and if u stay at the Nelson caravan park let them know u might be rowdy and they should put you up the back somwhere & bring ur own kangaroo repellant! Most of the camping sites along the Glenelg are easily accessed most are sealed limestone but there are some sandy bush tracks. Let us know if you are coming down this way and i'll organise a small cruise around some local sights.!!.
P.S the local at Nelson is right aolng the river.
I'd second nelson,was only there 2 days though,had a fish and a gander and its quite picturesqe.Oh yeah,if you go to the nelson pub ,give the old 16bit golf game a go ,its gold when smashed.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post