Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Default Building a Ford-themed bar...

Hey guys, my cousin and I are planning to convert the downstairs room of his house into a bar (sort of a blokes retreat) and seeing as we're Ford fans we're planning on giving it a Ford theme.

I haven't got any pics yet as we're still planning what we'll do but I am looking for any suggestions/ideas .

So far we've decided to construct the bar using treated pine framing timber for the internal structure, varnished hardwood slabs for the top and corrugated iron around the exterior of the bar.

For the stools I'm thinking of using old Falcon bucket seats with a complete wheel/tyre as the base and cylindrical steel poles to hold them up. Apart from the stools, we're also looking for some couches to crash on, which we are planning to build from the back end of a Falcon ute or sedan and use Falcon bench seats as the cushions.

As far as decorations go, we've planned to put Ford posters, badges and all sorts of bits and pieces on the walls, front of the bar etc... some Bathurst posters maybe.

Anyone else got any suggestions for this bloke's retreat?

P.S. Got the beer keg cooling/dispensing system figured out before anything else! :

Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a old Windsor or Clevo and turn it into a dinning room table.

Maybe a set of 12 slotters to hang on the walls aswell?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Rocker covers as ice trays.

Rear tail lights from different models used as ceiling lights.

Radiator and electric fan used as an evaporative cooler (works good).

Old in-car ashtray's as........ashtrays.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

getting the rear end of a ute or sedan into the basement might prove to be a bit hard.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
masters24
I gots me a UTE

got many old numberplates laying around? I know it isnt "ford", but it is still automotive related...

I have an idea for the beds. Remember in the 70's (or when ever) when they had the beds that fold out from the wall? Well, have a bonnet mounted to the wall that can fold down (with supports) and turn into a bed...

Bad idea?? i dunno, it was just a thought... cheers

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ebay is an absolute gold mine for all stuff Ford old and new ( I get all my Ford odds and ends from there)....Have a look you might find some cool things and get ideas from there...

Lissa the female half of rob_liss
Old 12-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
...............................P.S. Got the beer keg cooling/dispensing system figured out before anything else! :
In the past i have found as a cheap alternative is to stick the keg in ice to cool and all you need is a "kanga" pump and pouring tap. Works just fine.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - some real good ideas there, now just to do it all.

masters24: Number plates sounds good, wouldn't mind a few street signs too (There's a Ford St somewhere here in Brisbane ;) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
getting the rear end of a ute or sedan into the basement might prove to be a bit hard.
Well I know a few people who's driving style might make that easy... : But seriously, its no prob. cause its a two-storey house and the bottom floor is home to the 2 car garage (holding a TR4 MG and an XY Falcon), the soon-to-be-bar and laundry. Back door to the bar room is double sliding door so no probs.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #9
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Remeber. Taking steet signs IS ilegal :the_finge
Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #10
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Thanks for all the suggestions guys - some real good ideas there, now just to do it all.

masters24: Number plates sounds good, wouldn't mind a few street signs too (There's a Ford St somewhere here in Brisbane ;) ).

Well I know a few people who's driving style might make that easy... : But seriously, its no prob. cause its a two-storey house and the bottom floor is home to the 2 car garage (holding a TR4 MG and an XY Falcon), the soon-to-be-bar and laundry. Back door to the bar room is double sliding door so no probs.
If it isnt hard to get it in there then use a boot as a big esky, and a engine bay as a bbq... (these ideas are wacked arent they... hmmm)

Old 12-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #11
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Remeber. Taking steet signs IS ilegal :the_finge
I guess there is only one good thing about working for the council then isnt there... Damn i hate my job (except for the *free stuff* part)

Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Gotta get a Ford clock. If the room isn't already tiled I would recommend it espeacially if you do what this guy does. :baby bott Which then lead to this : You dont want to keep trying to clean stains out of the carpet. If you trust sendin money to someone, you could get this and hang it above the bar.http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Light-Sign-Fo...QQcmdZViewItema

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

and ya need one of those "Ford Parking Only" sighn you can get from those novelty stores, oh and a few model cars as well

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post