Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry A Rolling Stone?

So I ask you, can you BE a Rolling Stone Fan if you Hate Mick Jagger?
Or a U2 Diehard whilst you despise Bono? I think you get the gist…
And Most will already see where I'm going with this…

Falcon has for over 50 years been the Heart & Soul of Ford’s presence in Australia. It remains the number one selling Australian car of all time, and at times it’s practically been the ONLY thing Ford was selling. It’s dominance and longevity over 5 decades means that it is intrinsically linked with Ford Australia. It’s no coincidence that the death of the Falcon and the cessation of Australian manufacture are contemporaneous.

So for all of you that have done nothing but bash the Falcon since you joined, hey it’s a free country (and a “free” forum) but NO, you’re NOT Ford Fans by DEFINITION. Claim what you want, call yourself what you want, (like I said “free country”) but by your own admission you are NOT a Fan of the biggest selling Ford for over 50 years.

The GOOD news for you, is that you now have EXACTLY what you’ve always wanted; Ford without the Falcon. So moving forward (whilst you drive around in your Hyundais and Camrys) you can CLAIM to be a fan of whatever Ford you like.
BUT, in the interest of preserving your illusionary status as “Ford Fans” can you please spare me any more of your anti-Falcon drivel. You see what most of you fail to grasp is that just because you have been successfully prophesying the demise of the Falcon since 1978, doesn’t make you “right” about ANYTHING. The fact that Ford will nolonger build the Falcon after 2016 does NOT mean that Ford agrees with YOU that your Chrysler Neon is a better car, Or that Ford should have been building the Kuga here, Or importing the F150, or any other of your asinine assertions.

I am sick of reading juvenile poorly disguised attempts to stick the boot into Falcon, under the guize of “looking forward” posts. When you have been nothing but Falcon Bashers, your claims of “oh, I'm just staying positive” do NOT ring true. If you want to talk about Focus/ Mondeo/ Ranger/ Kuga/ Mustang, etc, go for your life. But to do so with the catch cry “oh they’re better than Falcon anyway” is just pathetic and frankly rather sad.

Old 18-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: A Rolling Stone?

So what your trying to say basically if your not a falcon fan your not a ford fan?
It's going to be a long 3 years and then some.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 18-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Apart from stirring up trolls, what is the point of this thread? I see why you made it but surely you can see it won't last long here...
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 18-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thread needs picture of a bridge...
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, how many BRAND NEW Australian made Ford products have you purchased?

Obviously someone with such strong views will have been supporting local manufacturing by buying new cars often.
Old 18-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
thread needs picture of a bridge...

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a FORD forum.

It caters to those who like Ford vehicles whether they be some or all of the models from Australia or other countries.

If you are a Falcon only enthusiast and dislike all other models or those who support them I am sure the internet has somewhere for you.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread