Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Mercedes CLA 250

Mercedes-Benz is launching its entry-level CLA-Class in the United States this fall, and you can now build the small, swoopy sedan of your dreams using the automaker's online configurator. Right now, your choices are limited to the front-wheel-drive CLA250 model, though Mercedes-Benz will be offering the CLA with 4Matic all-wheel drive not long after, as well as the hotter-than-hot CLA45 AMG.

On the base end, the CLA250 starts at $30,825 (including $925 for destination), but things can move up quickly from there. A total of 10 color choices are available, including the Universe Blue Metallic ($720) you see above, and three different wheel options are available, measuring 17 inches on the base end (pictured), and 18 inches as you move upmarket.

Specific options include a $2,000 sport package, which gets you an added kick of aggressive styling, and things like a panoramic sunroof ($1,480) and a lighting package with xenon headlamps and LED taillamps ($850). Inside, there's a leather upholstery package available ($1,500), as well as the usual premium and multimedia packages ($2,200 and $2,370, respectively). Tick every option, and you'll run a few grand shy of $50,000. Woof.

Head over to Mercedes' website to build your very own CLA250. http://www.autoblog.com/ scroll down for info

If only it was that price in Australia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by csv8; 18-08-2013 at 10:48 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Default Re: Mercedes CLA 250

That thing is going to sell bucket loads. There's already a pretty lengthy waiting list on the hatch.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll probably be putting down a deposit on the CLA45 AMG later this year.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I'll probably be putting down a deposit on the CLA45 AMG later this year.

Make sure you properly test drive it first.

My cousin in NYC (city dropping) was invited to a preview and drive of the car (has had numerous Merc's/AMG's, cheaper than FPV/HSV's there on a lease. He wasn't impressed). Taking that into account, I'm pretty sure they will be sold out everywhere they are sold.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
hodge_williams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
Make sure you properly test drive it first.

My cousin in NYC (city dropping) was invited to a preview and drive of the car (has had numerous Merc's/AMG's, cheaper than FPV/HSV's there on a lease. He wasn't impressed). Taking that into account, I'm pretty sure they will be sold out everywhere they are sold.
Why is that? Every review of it thus far has been outstanding?

I was looking at getting into this or an A45?
hodge_williams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodge_williams View Post
Why is that? Every review of it thus far has been outstanding?

I was looking at getting into this or an A45?
A45's aren't sold in the states so can't comment on it, he mentioned the CLA45 didn't feel like a AMG (to quiet, not enough shove in the back when floored), he said the suspension was quite a bit softer than his current E63.

To me it's like a grown up gentleman's EVO. I read online the A45 has a euro suspension tune while the CLA45 is the US spec tune (softer). You may be able to get the CLA45 with a "sports options", but like everything AMG, it won't be cheap option.

Hers
BFII Ghia
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australian pricing?

If it's $30,000 in the USA, I'd be betting nearly twice that in Australia...it's the old old story. Go to Germany, and Benzes that are used as taxis and family cars are the same models that would only be seen sitting in the bosses parking space at the bank...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

circa $90k
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch...looks like I was being conservative...ninety grand...what a shame Australian families can't easily access the worlds latest and best automotive technology (although the VF Commodore isn't bad, it's hardly worlds best) and just has to take whatever we have drip-fed to us by the big makers at extortionate prices...
Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats about $90k for the AMG though right? In the USA $30k only buys the entry level model, its not like we're paying triple for the same car.

If the dollar stays relatively steady, and recent trends continue, I'd expect it to land here in the mid to high $40's if its 30 in the US
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

US CLA45 is expected to be 65K. We pay a 30% premium.

Hers
BFII Ghia
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
If the dollar stays relatively steady, and recent trends continue, I'd expect it to land here in the mid to high $40's if its 30 in the US
...which is why we pay up near sixty grand for a 300C Chrysler here when in the states they start out at just over twenty...
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
A45's aren't sold in the states so can't comment on it, he mentioned the CLA45 didn't feel like a AMG (to quiet, not enough shove in the back when floored), he said the suspension was quite a bit softer than his current E63.

To me it's like a grown up gentleman's EVO. I read online the A45 has a euro suspension tune while the CLA45 is the US spec tune (softer). You may be able to get the CLA45 with a "sports options", but like everything AMG, it won't be cheap option.
Of course it doesn't feel like an AMG, its not a RWD V8. And you'd hardly excpect a 4 cylinder turbo to have a thumping exhaust note like a 6.3 or 5.5 V8 would you?

Seems to be comparing apples with oranges.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SLEEK and sexy, the new Mercedes-Benz CLA will start from a shade under $50,000 when it arrives in October.

There will be three variants, with the mid spec CLA 250 Sport starting at $63,400 while the range-topping CLA 45 AMG will start at $86,900 (plus on-roads).

Claimed to be the world's most aerodynamic production vehicle, Mercedes-Benz says this will create a new genre in the compact segment.

The CLA 200 produces a maximum output of 115kW and 250Nm of torque from the 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine, returning fuel consumption of 5.7L/100km (combined). Standard features include sat nav, 18-inch alloys, a reversing camera, bi-Xenon headlamps, active park assist, nine airbags, blind spot and collision warnings, synthetic leather sports seats, multi media screen, illuminated door sills and climate control air con.

The sporty CLA 250 Sport utilises a 2.0-litre four-cylinder direct injection turbocharged engine to produce 155kW and 350Nm of torque. It gains AMG styling, diamond grille, Intelligent Light System, AMG wheels, sports pedals, AMG tuned suspension and sports steering wheel.

The Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG delivers a maximum output of 265kW and up to 450Nm of torque. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine in combination with the all-wheel drive system, enables it to accelerate from 0-100kmh in 4.6 seconds, while its top speed is 270 km/h (electronically limited).

"The new CLA-Class seamlessly transfers the expressive avant-garde coupé design into series production," said Horst Von Sanden, managing director Mercedes-Benz Cars Australia/Pacific.

"The CLA-Class redefines aerodynamic efficiency and emphasises the desire to provide our customers with cutting-edge technology and safety equipment."
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...50000/1941203/