Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Default ISA What's that??

Read this guys & gals.

http://www.roadsafety.vic.gov.au/ima...ction_plan.pdf

A year or three ago I posted here about the technology that is coming that will be put into every car. New and old. It now has a name: Inteligent Speed Assist. It is breifly mentioned in this report. A few here said that they would never do it. Well step one is coming. Step two will be automated speed fines issue.... Most people will loose their license on the first day. The revenue will be monumental.... But according to the report its what we all want.... This part of the resaon I am so glad I dont live in Victorstan. And according to this report they reckon speed camera's have reduced road deaths by 47% and we all want more and even more camera's....

God help us all.... (pick your own god, or none at all!!)

Old 29-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Default Re: ISA What's that??

Absolutely crazy.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

"Research shows that in a 60km/h zone the risk
of a crash doubles for every 5km/h the speed limit
is exceeded. And travelling at 70km/h in a 60km/h
zone nearly quadruples the risk of a crash. "

Seriously???
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

I googled it and got this: http://casr.adelaide.edu.au/speed/vol-1.html

Could that be what they're talking about? Looks like the rta in victoria or whatever used that bit at the top word for word. I'm not reading it, just saw the bit at the top if you're interested.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post