Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default another cash hand out from labour...i suppos buying votes worked lasttime

came across this just then. (not sure if posted else where if so please delete)

m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/parents-will-receive-an-820-payment-for-every-schoolchild/story-e6freuy9-1226347607402

i Dont commonly get much involved with politics main because of the stupid crap like this but really Gillard were stil paying for the hand out from krudd what makes this seem like a good idea?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: another cash hand out from labour...i suppos buying votes worked lasttime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D

m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/parents-will-receive-an-820-payment-for-every-schoolchild/story-e6freuy9-1226347607402

i Dont commonly get much involved with politics main because of the stupid crap like this but really Gillard were stil paying for the hand out from krudd what makes this seem like a good idea?
It's pretty obvious that it's politically motivated, however the justification is that this is a payment made to families with school kids now. It's just that you no longer require receipts. Believe it or not it's sometimes cheaper to do it this way.

BTW. I tend to agree with the speech made by Joe Hockey the other week. The mindset of entitlement must end, which is a bit at odds with what Abbott is proposing too.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Dr Jekkyl

Default Re: another cash hand out from labour...i suppos buying votes worked lasttime

Replaces education tax refund.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

I missed out on the FHB grant back in 1996 when I bought my first house so if there is ANY grant from GOV.au that I can take advantage of then I will. Saves me filling a drawer with receipts.

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Tobey
BF Ute...

Quote:
Should probably keep it that way...
Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will take the cash but the last thing i will do is vote for them, would rather drive a holden and thats not goin to ever happen
Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sick of my tax paying for others lifestyle choices. Just when I thought they had some cred from cutting single parent payments, and they were going to get tough on welfare, they came out with this. Bad luck to all those single, child less workers who put in big hours to get ahead. In the govts eyes you deserve zero and because you are "rich" should be proping up "famlies".
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

to top it all off they the rotten mongrels brought the economy back into surplus , interest rates are starting to fall and they are also going to hand out income tax cuts in july . the dirty mongrals !!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
to top it all off they the rotten mongrels brought the economy back into surplus
Since when?..
, interest rates are starting to fall
So much for my savings..
and they are also going to hand out income tax cuts in july
Not for anyone on a decent wage..

. the dirty mongrals !!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If you knew anything about anything you'd understand those "Krudd" stimulus packages were very effective in helping our economy. No one ever seems to acknowledge this Only a naive moron would deny that. They worked and they worked very well too.

Stop and think for a moment if you received $820 when you were in school, you might actually be able to write up a coherent thread with decent grammar.

Yet another labour bashing thread left to stand...
Old 06-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Sick of my tax paying for others lifestyle choices. Just when I thought they had some cred from cutting single parent payments, and they were going to get tough on welfare, they came out with this. Bad luck to all those single, child less workers who put in big hours to get ahead. In the govts eyes you deserve zero and because you are "rich" should be proping up "famlies".
I hate to say it but must agree.

I live by myself, no kids. I also get no benefits from the gvt, have never been able to qualify for AUS study or anything like that either.

People like myself get stung just as much as every other family, we just get no support, because the powers that be assume that every person that can live and support themselves must be earning 6 figures minimum to do so.

If I got the gf to move in with me, using the carbon tax calculator, we would be better off by a few hunge p.a. Calculating for my situation where I live alone, I'm that few hunge worse off. Go figure.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #12
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
If you knew anything about anything you'd understand those "Krudd" stimulus packages were very effective in helping our economy. No one ever seems to acknowledge this Only a naive moron would deny that. They worked and they worked very well too.
Just like giving giving an alcoholic a beer........
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
prydey
Rob

Quote:
pull your head in sunshine. luckily your parents didn't have the same view.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Those high interest rates stop my generation from being able to put a roof over their head. More important than your savings, which you probably have set aside for a second or tenth house. May as well support hitler. We don't have any booms to ride, this perception of entitlement really does need to end...
Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just like giving giving an alcoholic a beer........
Yeah because because because because that will work very well
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Those high interest rates stop my generation from being able to put a roof over their head. More important than your savings, which you probably have set aside for a second or tenth house. May as well support hitler. We don't have any booms to ride, this perception of entitlement really does need to end...
Not high interest rates,but more govt handouts. NG, easy credit and FHB handouts on every corner are to blame for housing.

Maybe the education handouts are needed to educate some here, because the lessons will show all houndouts do is inflate the costs of goods, see: FHB grant, LPG rebate, insulation rebate....should I go on?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #17
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not high interest rates,but more govt handouts. NG, easy credit and FHB handouts on every corner are to blame for housing.

Maybe the education handouts are needed to educate some here, because the lessons will show all houndouts do is inflate the costs of goods, see: FHB grant, LPG rebate, insulation rebate....should I go on?
Yes please go on your posts are giving me a great euphoria, much like the magic mushrooms are currently giving you.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
pull your head in sunshine. luckily your parents didn't have the same view.
You up for a new TV and need a few extra bucks?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
XAGSV8
Member 178

My psychic powers are tingling. Can't see this thread lasting long.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes please go on your posts are giving me a great euphoria, much like the magic mushrooms are currently giving you.
I really hope you are not elegible for any child payments, you should not be breeding.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
Dr Jekkyl

This payment, the education tax refund, the baby bonus, family tax benefits........all a part of the same puzzle.

Up until 2010 the ratio of workers:dependents was in favour of the workers (i.e. 3:1). As the boomers now enter retirement this ratio is dropping and in approx 2015 going to drop sharply - there will soon be more dependents than workers. Uh oh!

Governments have been preparing for this for some time. They know we need more workers (taxpayers) and high earning ones at that.

Hence we are provided with payments to encourage breeding and education.

I would rather see the money go directly to schools however.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I really hope you are not elegible for any child payments, you should not be breeding.
Mate from what I've read you can't even support YOURSELF working long hours. And you're telling me not to breed!! You can't even support yourself lol, god forbid if you ever have a family. Maybe if you had street smarts or a brain in general you wouldn't be in such a pathetic position.

Seriously enough of the stupid moronic comments... Do you not even realize how hypocritical you are being?

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 06-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #23
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

This thread clearly shows those that have strived to achieve and are well educated on such matter's and those that we have to thank for this robbin hood style goverment.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #24
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

politically-based discussion is not permitted as per site T&C.
Closed Thread