Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #31
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: Kiwi Journalist Brands Anzac Diggers Bludgers And Thieves

it might very well be true some where bludgers and thieves like any group a minority is always involved in a certain level of mischievousness and in the grand scheme of world war many countrys and groups of soldiers fought valiantly just as hard as the diggers however due to us being australians we support the anzacs on anzac day so to us they are the greatest men and women who fought against a great enemy and deserve our respect and admiration and i for one can see the flaws of a human solider and still respect what they did for us its just a bad timing for such a debate brought up by an idiot. I also agree the german soldiers were one of the best soldiers on the battlefield you dont conquer most of europe by bumbling about like colonel klink and i for one wouldn't begrudge the germans for there governments mistakes in conclusion three cheers for anzac day
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #32
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny that a scumbag journalist has the nerve to throw around those words.
Just another kiwi with an inferiority complex towards Australia.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #33
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
Funny that a scumbag journalist has the nerve to throw around those words.
Just another kiwi with an inferiority complex towards Australia.
TRUST me the locals here in N.Z are NOT impressed with comments...
I'm over here for a few weeks in N.Z...
They don't mention the book so they don't get free advertising..
The ANZAC comradere is much stronger than that !!!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthefordman
Anyone who has been to Gallipoli and has seen what the soldiers faced both Turkish and Allied forces would not be making such comments about the poor bastards sent there to die. Who are any of us to judge what these men did when we ourselves have not faced the horrors of a war like Gallipoli. There are several memorials in the reserve, as you would expect, both for Allied troops and the Turks and one of those i found most moving was a speech made by Mustafa Ataturk (look him up if you dont know who he is) asking his men not to fight for their country but to die for their country. These are humbling words when read in the context of the battle and when read at the exact site where so many lost their lives. The truth is none of us will ever know the whole story about what happened over that 8 odd months of the conflict and it is not fair to cast aspersions or allegations when those men are no longer with us to defend themselves (not that they should have to). These men Turkish, British, French, Australian and New Zealand Soldiers gave their lives for their countries and very few of us can say that we have done or are prepared to do the same. It would be unfair of me to make the assumption that the person/people who is/are the subject of this thread has/have no concept of what they are talking about as i also know nothing about them. So i will refrain from making any further comment because as we know opinions are like ****holes, we all got em but we cant imagine that our own might just stink.
Well put.
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post