Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry FORD Service Bad ? Try Australia Post !!

I posted a 3kg parcel from Brisbane to Perth, in an Aus Post approved box. Never arrived. They have the temerity to advise me to "use"Registered/tracking parcel post, for secure delivery" Why should I or any else have to pay more for parcel delivery? We pay for parcel post and parcels should get delivered. Registered/tracking post if valuables are involved. But ordinary parcels?? This is the letter from Aus Post...
Hello XXXX

Once again I am very sorry regarding the outcome of this investigation. I can certainly understand why you would be upset and can only imagine how frustrating this circumstance is.

I can assure you that we have sufficient security measures in place within our network to ensure security is not an issue.

I would suggest at this point that if you purchase Registered Post on the parcels you send you will be entitled to a safe and secure delivery with a signature on delivery, and also compensation of up to $100.00 if articles are not delivered successfully. You also have the option of adding extra cover between $100 - $5,000.

I am truly sorry for the experience you have encounted with Australia Post and hope you have a great day.

And we reckon Ford service departments give us the run around !!!!!!!

Old 18-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Default Re: FORD Service Bad ? Try Australia Post !!

Sorry to here that mate, but things go wrong sometimes... Its a fact of life.
I always send important articles by registered post with tracking number.

You think the people on the Costa Concordia are still holding their tickets saying... 'but we paid to get to our destination'?

Hope they find it for you.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pepscobra..I know things go wrong..I cann't see how they can loose a 3kg box !!!! passengers on the Costa Concordia got a refund..I get nothing..in future all my parcels will go Registered/tracking mail...shouldn't have too but cann't trust anyone these days.
Old 18-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couriers and Freight forwards loose stuff all the time.. how about a 60kg 2m triangular box which had a propellor inside it?

I have sent 100s of packages world wide and locally (ebay sales) and not once has an item gone missing or arrived late.

They have way of tracking an item unless they register it and put a barcode on it (hence the extra costs).

Also realise that Australia Post uses a lot of contractors and most "post offices" are not owned by Australia Post.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

These things happen, i understand its frustrating when happens to you though. Things is companies are squeezing budgets left right and centre, therefore corners get cut. Working for a big retailer i can most certainly vouch for this.
And the busy lifestyle most people lead they want everything yesterday (yeah im like that too)
Old 18-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its amusing that they say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I would suggest at this point that if you purchase Registered Post on the parcels you send you will be entitled to a safe and secure delivery
I thought that was their job not just an option.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Spudz27
Call me Spud

It is a crap service, you pay for cubic weight, not actual, so stiff **** if it is 1.2kg but fits in a box capable of 13kg, you will be paying 13kg. There is no fragile service, they made me put a 5gm item in a 9.95 express satchel because it wasn't a document. The list goes on. I never, ever send anything not registered, I want to know when it was delivered and who signed. That way buyers can't lie and aus post can't "lose" it. If buying something I always specify registered post or express. I won't trust regular post, too many times I have had mail just never turn up.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
malazn mafia
Boss 335

A bit off topic, but what is the best way to post a front bumper interstate, and what is the usual cost (bris to adl).
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I sent a parcel to my niece in WA, normal post...it took 27 days for it to arrive!!! 27 days! That is not good enough...at least she got it though...eventually....
Old 18-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been through the same thing in the past, and now only post registered post, I just consider it the cost of postage and thats it, at least then you are covered, for expensive things I also add insurance.

Lesson learned.

Then again the only parcel I have ever had go missing was send to a person I sold something to through eBay, and I believe he actually got the item, but just wanted to make a claim for refund as prior to me posting the item he complained about the postage price which was clearly stated in the auction prior to him bidding, and included packaging materials such as bubble wrap that I had to purchase.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
It is a crap service, you pay for cubic weight, not actual, so stiff **** if it is 1.2kg but fits in a box capable of 13kg, you will be paying 13kg. There is no fragile service, they made me put a 5gm item in a 9.95 express satchel because it wasn't a document. The list goes on. I never, ever send anything not registered, I want to know when it was delivered and who signed. That way buyers can't lie and aus post can't "lose" it. If buying something I always specify registered post or express. I won't trust regular post, too many times I have had mail just never turn up.

umm... and? you pay cubic meter when you send it via a freight company!
The size of the object is what your sending and it takes up room on a truck/ aircraft..
I dont know of any freight forwarders who charge per kilo unless it actually weights more then its cubic weight. You always get charged the highest amount.

Again... a LOT of Australia Post offices ARE NOT owned by Australia Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I sent a parcel to my niece in WA, normal post...it took 27 days for it to arrive!!! 27 days! That is not good enough...at least she got it though...eventually....
Have sent parcels to the USA via regular mail... arrived in 8days was the best time, typically 12days.

Also sent stuff to Japan, again 8days was the record!... via slow unregistered mail..

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
A bit off topic, but what is the best way to post a front bumper interstate, and what is the usual cost (bris to adl).
Freight company.... smartsend.com

Old 18-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently you're automatically insured for upto $50 of value with standard postage.

Anything over that i register for as much as needed for the rest of the value, about $1.10 per $100 after the initial registration of $3 something.

And registered IS NOT able to be tracked, contrary to popular belief. Tracking is more $$$ again
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I have an online business and send my stock out by Aus post. I also offer registered post for an extra fee ($3.50). Perhaps 5% of my customers choose that option.

It's funny, Some people will make a $12 order and pay for registered, and I just got a $60 order in the last hr that will be sent unregistered.

Sent out hundreds of parcels over the years, not one has been reported to me as missing. Not a bad run actually!

Having said that... we get the wrong mail to our unit every few months (as in, a bunch of letters meant for the block before / after us) and every few months I find incorrect mail in my PO Box.....

Last week I collected 2 registered post items and one of them was incorrect.

Human error........ it happens.

Hey Spudz. I know the Express post 'document only' envelopes you are talking about. I have used them for my business and have not had 1 problem. I do wrap my goods in cardboard, perhaps that makes a difference???

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #14
creative
I am Batman

The signature part means squat!

I had 2 parcels that were supposed to be signed for. Found both on my doorstep with peel off barcode still in place.

Might still report them missing......
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #15
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative
The signature part means squat!

I had 2 parcels that were supposed to be signed for. Found both on my doorstep with peel off barcode still in place.

Might still report them missing......

thats happened too me once before. they just throw it at the front door and goleave. thought if no one was home they where ment too leave a card saying that your package could be picked up at such and such etc. I'm not a fan of australia post either. some of the stuff i've delt with them.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #16
Jedc
02Thief

When I bought my camera, I received that the following day.
Boy was I happy. The 2 spare batteries and a 16gb memory card were posted the same day in another parcel (unregistered) and 2 weeks had passed and still no sign of them.

Talked to the eBay seller and he posted another lot out to me( top bloke ) they arrived after 4 days and about a week after that the missing parcel turned up.

Offered to send them back to him but he let me keep them.

I don't think it is to much to expect a company to provide a service.
If you payed an appointment upfront and they told you it was no longer available and you dont get any refund then that would be a matter for consumer protection.

Truth be told i don't know a whole lot about the post system, I should really do some research on what they offer, but i would of thought if you paid for a service and did not get what you initially agreed to then this would br a breach of some policy/law.

Who knows like i said, I don't know enough about it, all I do know is everything i sell on eBay is registered post because I don't want the hassles.

2002 BA XR6T-
422RWHP
Jedc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok ill say it again.... A lot of AUSTRALIA POST ARE CONTRACTORS....

Nearly ALL OF THEIR PARCEL DELIVERY SERVICE ARE CONTRACTORS.

If it get delivered to your home in a red aussie post van then its Aussie Post,
if its just a van with a magnetic sticker its a contractor.

If registered mail/ parcels are being dumped MAKE A BLOODY COMPLAINT.

A lot of these contractors DONT CARE, they get paid either way.

I made numerous complaints that CONTRACTORS were not delivering parcels when i was home but simply putting cards in the box to go pick it up at the post office. The previous contractor would beep the horn and yell out parcel!
The new one doesnt care... he gets paid either way!

Old 19-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

I get a bit of stuff , my neighbour comes and signs for it ..lol .in reality anyone could , its not like they ask for id .
Fingers crossed haven't missed any parcels to this day .
Old 19-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

registered post does not mean squat as far as I can see. I am an ebay trader (since 1998) quite a few of my items sold by me or purchased by me have had problems. the one I will always remember was a parcel which arrived in a clear plastic AusPost bag via registered post. I was not home so got the little card to pick up at post office. I went there and the Postmaster, a contractor, handed me the bag. The parcel inside had fork lift tyre tracks across it and was squashed flat. With the postmaster as my witness I thought I had a chance to claim the insurance. YOU RECKON??? after filling the claim form (colour of grandma's "ykw") out and handing it to said postmaster with his name as witness, I got a phone call from some unidentified woman telling there was not enough evidence for a claim. What!!. I assume she wanted to see video footage of the forklift actually running over the parcel. Other members comments aside, I do not trust anything Auspost says or does because they say Express Post next day delivery. I live in Sydney, have bought stuff off ebay and it has arrived by regular mail in my mailbox the next day. I have had Express post stuff take up to 4 business days. Not to mention the number of items that have not arrived at all, like a very good pair of speakers sent from WA. Thats enough rant for now
Edit, I forgot to mention the number of thieves who work for Auspost. Every now and then some of them come to light. If they have been caught red handed. Usually sacked and a slap on the wrist even though it is a Federal crime to steal postal items.

Last edited by graham7773; 19-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
gtfpv
GT

op i get where your coming from .
ive always thought of registered post as buying insurance in the case something goes missing . the chances may be the same , but ive purchased insurance incase it does happen . although no doubt it is less likely to happen then .
i guess the only option to get a satisfactory outcome in regards to your concern , would be to scrap the cheap option and only offer registered insured postal service at the higher cast , as the standard service . and then add an option for express quicker dellivery if desired .
its weird how we have unreliable options in just about everything these days . for example , you dont have to insure your car to leagally drive it on the road either . simply should not be allowed but yet is .

thats my take .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #21
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just for a quick reference, here are some url's for reference to my post
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/5760813/
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/po...404-1cxqm.html
http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/35/topics/33542
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...t/2123662.aspx
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...t/2123662.aspx

Trust Australia Post? Sure can, NOT!
These were the results of a quick Google search which gave 1.700.000 items.
My problem is that the mailing options are limited. Couriers are more expensive and there is no guarantee that they will be more reliable. When I sell larger items on ebay I offer personal delivery up to 100k and more if the buyer is happy to pay for my fuel and lunch money. LOL which is invariably cheaper and quicker than any commercial delivery service axcept maybe a taxi truck for which you need a second mortgage to hire.
Old 19-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh good ole aussie post
I have 1 store about 10Ks away and another again 10Ks away
I had to send some flares to perth
The local store weighed them , gave me a quote
The store further along , measured them , weighed them , optioned for regoed post
The cost difference ??? over $50 between two stores
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here's another thought regarding Auspost cubic. if you send a wide brimmed hat to someone in 1 parcel weighing 500 grams and a folding boat anchor weighing 12kg to the same person in an Auspost tough bag, wouldn't you think the hat would be cheaper? No, you will be charged as if the hat weighed 20 kg according to their cubic rules. And do not be surprised if the hat arrives flat as Auspost has no "fragile handling" services nor do they take any notice of any "Top Loading" stickers. I sent a pair of 1987 Fairlane tail lights to Adelaide a few years ago fortunately registered post with extra insurance. they were double bubble wrapped and arrived completely shattered. I can only guess "footy practice"? The buyer got in touch with me absolutely ropeable but there was nothing I could do except tell him to take the items back to the post office amd make a claim on the insurance.

Last edited by graham7773; 19-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.