Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Fez Battery Dies after 4 years 1 month!!

My WQ Fez Zetec battery died today at 48,732kms or 4 years and 1 month,
That IMPRESSIVE !!! My Falcon batteries die after 2 years.

Old 29-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Default Re: Fez Battery Dies after 4 years 1 month!!

thats not bad, that little k's in that time would see it sitting around a bit.
i'm lucky, the battery in my xr5 is still the original, 120000kms & 5 years 10 months
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MR LON.. not sitting around..just too and from work..shops..your battery is impressive too!!
Old 29-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

We had a customer come in for a new battery in his commodore, claimed it was ten years old. So we checked out the serial number and it was 12 YEARS OLD!!! Unbelieveable, we still cannot work out how it lived for so long.

It was an ACDelco that the dealership fitted when under new car warrenty
Old 29-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Have seen a BA which went 6 years on its original battery.

12 years is unbelievable.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Its odd but anybody else noticed that the battery that comes originally fitted to a brand new car will last longer than any replacement you put in it over its life time? Even if it is the same brand/type of battery.
Our workshop has a turnover of 5,000+ batterys a year. We find the average name brand batteys will last around 3 years, more if looked after where as the factory fitted battery will usually last 4 to 5 years.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARATE
We had a customer come in for a new battery in his commodore, claimed it was ten years old. So we checked out the serial number and it was 12 YEARS OLD!!! Unbelieveable, we still cannot work out how it lived for so long.

It was an ACDelco that the dealership fitted when under new car warrenty
We have a 2000 VT with the original battery - still goes strong.
The 03 BA however, is on its 3rd battery.
Recently put in a 640cca battery - you should hear how fast it cranks over now!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Got around 5.5 years out of the Territory ... and it was only checked due to it cranking a fraction slower (wife didn't even notice the slightly slower crank)

I get 18 months out of the work ute ... now I have a Delkor with 3 year warranty .... so free battery replacements for the life of the ute now .... hahahahahha
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my au battery is into year 5, still cranks quite good even though i`m pretty sure one cell is a little down. some battery`s i`ve bought in the past did`nt even last 2 years :(, there must be a qaulity difference somewhere.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #10
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

We generally keep our cars for around 5 years and have had 6 new cars between my wife and I. We have never had to buy a battery. We have had 2 Fords, 2 Mazdas and 2 Hyundais. Not in that order. Each car that we have sold had between 100000 and 150000km on them when we sold them. Our current vehicles have 50000 and 75000km on them.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
jrfttf
Getting By!?

2/2007 bf 2 still on original battery, heard of people having some good runs with them and others having horrid runs with them
jrfttf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #12
harweyko
Starter Motor

changed original battery in our Focus this February, car was produced in March 2003, currently having 100k km, it could last one more summer but it was weaker in temperatures under -25°C , but still able to start the car...
harweyko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
Ben85

I had to change mine after 5yrs. But it runs a lot of modifications, and had done 110000kms. So was fairly impressed! Sounds like some people are having some awesome runs!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Batteries can be so fickle, my BA's first battery lasted 4 years, but the battery in my Kwaka lasted 10. That was a Yuasa though...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post