Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default WS/WT Exhaust

Howdy Peeps,

I havent really posted here in ages but some of you might know I have a WT Zetec. Im planning on fitting a HiTech Rear Muffler from my old XR4, and noticed that the exhaust piping on the WT has a flange about 30cms from the stock rear muffler. When I have checked my parents WS LX and Camerons (vhcbm_Mk7) WS LX, there is no flange and the piping looks a little bit smaller in diameter.

I am just curious to see if anyone else has a flange and any ideas as to why mine has it?? Do you think the rear muffler was replaced?? The car was bought brand new.

MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WS/WT Exhaust

Might be a WT thing? You have any other WT's you can look at?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

I was having another look today mate and there definitely isn't one on the WS. Might be worth just looking under on parked on the street or at the dealer even though it will look weird.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe a pic would help.

I had a quick look at the wife's stock WT LX and saw a huge muffler with a twin exhaust. On a 1.6, WTF?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Maybe a pic would help.

I had a quick look at the wife's stock WT LX and saw a huge muffler with a twin exhaust. On a 1.6, WTF?
My WT Zetec has the twin exhaust (makes a fair bit of noise.. good noise though).. but i dont see a whole of other fiesta's with them. WT's seem to. WS's dont. I thought these mechanically were all the same?
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Fi.ES.TA

My WS has twin outlets from the muffler.I thought all WS WT's did?
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
Caydus

yea, all the exhausts I've seen from any WS/WT Fiesta have the twin outlets. They're generally quite well hidden under the rear bumper though and it's not really noticeable from a quick glance.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

yea my WS just has the single muffler with twin outlets.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i see so many ws with the single outlet
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

My WS has twin exhausts as stock (single muffler) ... definitely no flange though.