Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
hulkfocus

Unhappy WP Fiesta Radiator hoses

Hey all

my 2004 Fiesta WP Lx blew two radiator hoses and now needs new hoses and a radiator flush after taking it to my mechanic to see what was the damage after it over heated on sunday.

Parts ex Melbourne + Radiator Flush + Labour = $460.00!!!!

Cant belive how expensive parts are for a fiesta compared to my Magna!

and this is all after calling aftermarket parts and Genuine all roughly the same price.

whats your thoughts on this??

thanks

Jimmy

hulkfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
trumpy73

Default Re: WP Fiesta Radiator hoses

how much for the 2 hoses (parts only)?
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WP Fiesta Radiator hoses

just my 2c, i think there`s a bit of time component also involved there, you said needs new hoses, if i was a mechanic knowing what you just typed on the page, i would be checking/replacing all hoses in the engine bay , the rubber is the same age ,heater hoses and bypass hose to if it has one as well as the radiator hoses already mentioned, the time to flush it out (with or without chemicals?$$$), rinse it out, drain it, put fresh coolant in it$$$$, check it for leaks and air pockets and over heating from possible head damage, a ten minute job it is not.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post