Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Default BF Front brake lines.

Hi all
I have been reading through the brake threads and have got slightly confused.
I have the standard BF calipers here and will be getting the BF discs and pads tomorrow to do an upgrade to an AU2 ute.
The question is will the AU2 brake lines fit up to the BF calipers on the front or do I need the BF lines?
I have the BF lines with the calipers so thats ok , but if I need to use them are they a direct fit up to the AU steel lines?
Looking for some definate answers before I get stuck into it and have it all turn to crap in a hurry.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers

MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: BF Front brake lines.

The lines off the calipers will fit up fine to the existing AU lines on the car, I had mine fitted this week and no problems at all. Make sure you have the right fitting spanner/wrench to undo them as they do strip quite easily.
Old 25-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Cheers. I had a look at this arvo when I was pulling other stuff apart and I was getting a bit concerned that the BF flexible line is a bit shorter then the AU one.
I was concerned about the length when steering etc.
But if you are having no dramas with yours fingers crossed it will be ok.
Im only stepping up to the 298mm discs. I had the BF calipers already and it needs discs and pads now so might as well do an upgrade.
I will be on the hunt for BF2 XR6T ones for the missus's Ghia when its due.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

My mechanic did the job for me and he commented that the BF lines hang 'loose' to the caliper but they dont have a problem when turning on full lock etc. I run the 322mm discs and it stops very well.