Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-11-2005, 03:53 AM   #1
flexinau

Default Mag Wheels

hi,

new to this site and with cars in general, so bear with me.

where is the best place to buy mag wheels for the best value in SA? I do not really want to spend more than $400 bucks all up. Am i being realistic here?

I got an AU1 99 sedan.

before i forget, i was planning of installing an lpg tank. would this cause a problem for me. the car has travelled 115k and i plan to keep it say for another 3 years min.

thanks

flexinau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 04:31 AM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Flexinau, it could be an idea to keep an eye in the for sale section, often people will ugrade thier rims and sell thier current ones of a bit cheaper.

cheers
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
GTHOXR8

Hi flexinau
Check out e-bay and type in AU falcon and you see all sorts of goodies there. A set of XR6 with spent rubber usually go for about $320 to $400. Tickford mags from about $600 with no rubber.

For $400 you ae probably going to only get 15inch wheels which were the standard size for the Series 1. If you can, go for minimum 16 but even better, 17+
GTHOXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
where is the best place to buy mag wheels for the best value in SA? I do not really want to spend more than $400 bucks all up. Am i being realistic here?
I wouldn't expect $400 in total to get much at all. Most tyre joints like Beaurepaires etc have deals with wheel and tyre packages.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

I got a secondhand set off a guy here, in the for sale section. They BA series 1 XRs, 17's and they cost me $600. In my avatar, is the car without them, and if you go to members galleries, and find the monty, thats how it is now. I really like them and I find there is more traction then before, the car doesnt feel as light (the steering feels heavier), and it straightened out the steering. Its a little bit bumpier ride, but for the pros, it was money well spent.
Old 17-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
MrAUII

Where are you located? There is a new and used wheel and tyre place on Grand Junction Road at Wingfield. Its a bright yellow place on the right hand side heading west and you cant miss it. Have a look in there as they do have some good deals.
Old 18-11-2005, 01:45 AM   #7
flexinau

Thanks for the advice guys. I am learning more from this site.

MrAUII - I live in the western suburbs, do you know of the name or address of the bright yellow place?
flexinau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 02:38 AM   #8
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Thumbs up Ebay

They are right! I got a full set of Ford AU2 16 inch rave mags still brand new in the Ford boxes for $270 including caps & nuts. Be patient & good luck.
p.s The BA xt 17's look brilliant on the AU check out monty's site.
Old 18-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #9
MrAUII

New & Used Tyre Mart
435 Grand Junction Road, Wingfield
8244 4202
or
1089 South Road, Melrose Park
8374 2612

I am in no way connected with this business but have used them and been very happy with service, referred a couple of people and they have been happy too.
Old 18-11-2005, 08:39 PM   #10
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Just keep looking every where. I got my 17's with new rubber for 500 from ebay not too long ago.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post