Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Kizza675
Starter Motor

Default 2010 Zetec wheel alignment?

Hi all,
Had a search through the forums,
My focus, which has been serviced religously has developed an irritating misalignment on the LHS rear wheel.
no matter how many alignments i get done (3 so far including a tyre change for that wheel) it persistantly develops that annoying whump whump sound associated with an out of alignment wheel.
I'm at the point of asking Ford to check the axle for problems.
has anyone any ideas, or had similar issues?

Any advice is welcome.
Thanks
Kizz

Kizza675 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2010 Zetec wheel alignment?

Hi Kizza,

My guess is that its either a buckled rim or a bearing in the wheel hub.

If you haven't already, try a wheel rotation. If the problem stays at the back LH side then its not the wheel.

I would then try maybe getting the bearings replaced.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Kizza675
Starter Motor

Thanks Neale.
I'll give it a shot
Kizza675 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I'd be replacing the wheel bearings. It's not an alignment issue.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
crowv85l

yeah i would agree wheel bearings, just had to get them done in a ve commodore warranty job. made that whump whump sound your complaining of
crowv85l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post