Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FG Series 1 Runout Pricing

G'day

Recently I have been looking at a new ute, and have primarily been scoping out Holden SS and FPV GS models. However, I have been looking further into Fords inventory and discovered that there are some seriously good deals going right now for XR6T utes!

Dealer incentives must be massive at the moment, because any XR6T with a luxury pack appears to be copping a $7,500 discount. This has meant that some cars optioned like this are leaving yards at less that $35,000. I am seriously considering bumping my purchase of a V8 ute for another few years!

I really liked the XR6T ZF that I drove, apart from the exhaust note sadly. But meh... It's something I figure I could live with.

What are your thoughts?

calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG Series 1 Runout Pricing

I don't think it's run out more so an SVP to compliment the XR6 Limited Edition. Last i heard all the custom order allocations had been filled and if you want one its a pick of whats left. Manual for $36k d/a and Auto for $38k d/a. On the invoice the discount is actually closer to $11,000
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Luxury pack is supposed to be free at the moment on turbos.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

It's a great deal for what you get. If your happy with the turbo I don't see why one would not purchase one....besides the exhaust can be modified down the track.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

good luck getting a l/e turbo ute in victoria.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
notty1978
NOTTY

i can do Xr6 turbo ute for $36,000
sold one yesterday
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: FG Series 1 Runout Pricing

Why are you referring to it as a Series 1?

Ford didn't make a Series 1 FG........

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #8
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais
G'day

Recently I have been looking at a new ute, and have primarily been scoping out Holden SS and FPV GS models. However, I have been looking further into Fords inventory and discovered that there are some seriously good deals going right now for XR6T utes!

Dealer incentives must be massive at the moment, because any XR6T with a luxury pack appears to be copping a $7,500 discount. This has meant that some cars optioned like this are leaving yards at less that $35,000. I am seriously considering bumping my purchase of a V8 ute for another few years!

I really liked the XR6T ZF that I drove, apart from the exhaust note sadly. But meh... It's something I figure I could live with.

What are your thoughts?
Go on Calais! You know you want that turbo rush The only way to go faster is with an FPV badge. Plenty of kit, and that is a great price!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
Murphington
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais
G'day

What are your thoughts?
Hopefully it means this months Falcon sales shoot up. Realistically should still be matching the Commodore!
Murphington is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
PHANTMXR6

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphington
Hopefully it means this months Falcon sales shoot up. Realistically should still be matching the Commodore!
I hate to sound cynical, but 1 sale won't make the world of difference.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6
I hate to sound cynical, but 1 sale won't make the world of difference.
Two smart-*** comments in a row...nice!

My old man just picked up an XR6T Ute for $35,500 drive away about 3 weeks ago, has the luxury pack, great bit of kit!
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
PHANTMXR6

How do you figure?

Both my posts were facts.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its all good fellas, I am still perusing my options here. I am still crunching numbers and making sure I am making the right decision with either vehicle.

I know that either way I'll be happy
Old 06-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
PHANTMXR6

Best advice, if you can, is test drive the cars you are looking at then make up your mind.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #15
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which I am doing as time permits and the demo vehicles become available.

So far the vehicle are lining up like this.

1) FG XR6T. Goes seriously hard, and is fairly economical too. So far has come in line ball with the SS on pricing, which makes either one seriously affordable. No inbuilt satnav though, and the rear of the cab isn't quite as useable. For me it's a serious contender.
2) VE 2 SS. Feels the most planted and solid on the road, like the xr6t, it has performance in spades and sounds pretty good too, uses 0.3L/100km more than the zf xr6t over the same test loop of 130km. Altogether very good.
3) FPV GS. Goes the hardest by far, sounds the best, but just can't compete with the other two when cost is factored in. Sadly for the money, the interior just isn't as good as either of the other two (xr6t has the lux pack).

All in all, as time goes on, my finances do become tighter and tighter with the impending recession which I believe in planning for. As the money is playing more and more of a primary role in my decision making, the XR6T and the SS are really all I can afford this time around. All that is really left to do now is wait for the right time, and the right vehicle to come by.

My dealer interaction so far has been pretty good, but it is definitely hard to convince some if them that I am indeed serious and a cash buyer. This is always the first hurdle. The second hurdle has been that I don't get swept up in the euphoria of fresh leather, plastic, and tyre shine. So because I don't tend to respond to the questions like "do you like it enough to buy today?" or "why ask your wife, it'll be your car" I do tend to play down the enthusiasm.

When the right car comes along, I'll be sure to post my success in whatever form it comes
Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you have to convince them you want to spend money take your buisness to someone else who will probably do you a better deal anyway
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post