Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Benjamin Smith

Default New Focus

Here is some Pics of my mum's new Focus Sport. picked up saturday from Southern Cross Ford in Toowoomba. very nice car, interior finished excellent. good feeling in the steering not to heavy not to light. if anyone is asking the colour is Lunar Sky.
and also mine and the girlfriends car got into the photos as well.

Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: New Focus

Gee the side profile on the new Focii is very similar to the Fez, tops pics.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
BrisVegas
Noobie

Very nice looking car the new Focus. There was one parked in the city today as a raffle prize. I had a bit of a look over it. It's definitely stepped things up a notch since the LS/LT/LV shape. It's got a very solid, substantial feel to it.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Benjamin Smith

they make my car look like a shipping barge
Old 16-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

What Engine/Transmission combination is the Focus?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

the rear profile looks like a volvo

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
Benjamin Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
What Engine/Transmission combination is the Focus?
6 speed powershift, 2L petrol
Old 16-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just need to get my Fiesta in on the action now. Top looking trio matey, thanks for posting. Having driven a Titanium, I was blown away by the interior, the quality is sublime for what essentially is a small Ford. Was surprised the interior didn't feel a great deal bigger than the Fiesta however. Apart from that, definitely a top car.

What's your opinion of the engine mate, especially in comparison to the Fiesta? My drive was very short, but it seemed to have plenty of punch for an auto small car that's a bit porky weight wise!

Again, great pictures. Still think your ute takes the cake though! Hopefully she likes the car.
Old 17-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
Benjamin Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Just need to get my Fiesta in on the action now. Top looking trio matey, thanks for posting. Having driven a Titanium, I was blown away by the interior, the quality is sublime for what essentially is a small Ford. Was surprised the interior didn't feel a great deal bigger than the Fiesta however. Apart from that, definitely a top car.

What's your opinion of the engine mate, especially in comparison to the Fiesta? My drive was very short, but it seemed to have plenty of punch for an auto small car that's a bit porky weight wise!

Again, great pictures. Still think your ute takes the cake though! Hopefully she likes the car.
Awesome engine only driven for about 5 mins but it takes no effort to get up to 60 took about 6 seconds and that's only using about 20% throttle, i liked the ability to control both screens from the steering wheel and auto diming rear vision mirror, need to take it out and give it a decent go as I have only driven to the highfields woolies and that's it.

But I don't mind driving the smaller cars, especially the fiesta, driving it to qld raceway this weekend so the ute gets a couple of days off, but love getting back into the ute and hitting the windy roads.

Can't wait to get some one on one time with the focus next weekend sometime.
Old 18-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #11
Benjamin Smith

If ford made a fiesta that was 4wd and 2L turbo charged that put out about 220kw I would have one tomorrow. But for now the ute will do for me, got used as a ute for the first time yesterday to drop some gear off to savanna energy and spanns trucks. Otherwise it has only ever had bags in the back
Old 18-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome thanks mate. Just tossing between Turbo Diesel or Petrol, having only driven the petrol. Looks like I'm getting mine from Southern Cross too, bloke there knows his stuff and has been great to deal with so far.

Thanks again
Old 19-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
Benjamin Smith

Should go see Sam and mention me wouldn't mind another spotters fee
Old 20-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HEHE. Getting mine through a mate, Brad. Has done a great deal, just deciding if I get the Sony Premium Sound System or wait until November when they replace this with the Ford DAB Navigation System (you gain a 5" display, but loose the Premium Audio).

Leaning towards the Sony head unit.
Old 20-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #15
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

The front end is still growing on me, but overall it looks alright.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
Squirrell
Starter Motor

Quote:
Awesome thanks mate. Just tossing between Turbo Diesel or Petrol, having only driven the petrol. Looks like I'm getting mine from Southern Cross too, bloke there knows his stuff and has been great to deal with so far.

Thanks again
I went for the Sports Turbo Diesel...has some awsome kick in it the other plus for me was the 5.5lts per 100km, cost a little extra to buy and the Sony Premium Sound System is great as well so I am buying a Navman MY85XTL.
Old 22-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrell
I went for the Sports Turbo Diesel...has some awsome kick in it the other plus for me was the 5.5lts per 100km, cost a little extra to buy and the Sony Premium Sound System is great as well so I am buying a Navman MY85XTL.
Is there much lag, I can't seem to find any 0-100 times for the petrol or diesel Focus? I'd assume the petrol is just sub nine seconds, but I wonder if the diesel has a bit more up and go from a stop start? Do you notice it's a diesel from inside, it it loud outside? Sorry for all the questions

And sorry to hijack your thread Benjamin!
Old 22-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #18
Squirrell
Starter Motor

Quote:
Is there much lag, I can't seem to find any 0-100 times for the petrol or diesel Focus? I'd assume the petrol is just sub nine seconds, but I wonder if the diesel has a bit more up and go from a stop start? Do you notice it's a diesel from inside, it it loud outside? Sorry for all the questions

And sorry to hijack your thread Benjamin!
I find a very small amount Lag at take off but once you learn not to stab it and just feed the first 1 sec then nail it nothing felt at all, a good link if you havn't read it yet.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/130859/f...cus-review-lw/

I am sorry as well Benjamin, your mums car looks sweet too.
Old 22-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
Benjamin Smith

i don't mind just happy to help