Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
98fex

Default surfer roo

did any body see this in the paper today http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifest...-1225767349041

98fex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #2
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: surfer roo

He has made the mistake of not restoring it to the way Ford made it. Also he should do some more research and if he wants that kind of money he will need a letter of authenticity from Ford otherwise he will continue getting the "dreaming" phone calls.
Old 26-06-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

In the paper today?

Article dated August 30, 2009 12:00AM

I'm sure we've been down this road before...
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
Werd.
nou

Repost.
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

And the letter of authenticity prooves what exactly??

Not a damm thing, thats what. Its just a peice of paper from Ford saying the numbers supplied by the owner are of a car that Ford built 40 odd years ago..
It does NOT proove anything about what that car is today.. Could have had a body swap or anything..
Only a proper inspection by someone who knows what their doing will come close to prooving that its authentic.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
And the letter of authenticity prooves what exactly??

Not a damm thing, thats what. Its just a peice of paper from Ford saying the numbers supplied by the owner are of a car that Ford built 40 odd years ago..
It does NOT proove anything about what that car is today.. Could have had a body swap or anything..
Only a proper inspection by someone who knows what their doing will come close to prooving that its authentic.
I find this statement just a little hypocritical seeing as you mention the letter in your own for sale posts.
Quote:
Factory NON Vinyl Roof & 4 Speed car.
Ford S.A. Letter of Authenticity.
Old 26-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I find this statement just a little hypocritical seeing as you mention the letter in your own for sale posts.
How the hell do you figure what I said to be hypocritical?? Do I claim anywhere that the aformentioned letter authenticated my car?? NO

Its merely 1 peice of paperwork that goes with the car including all the import papers and receipts of $$ spent on the car.. Hypocritical my ar$e..

Just an FYI... For those who dont know, obtaining Letters of Authenticity from Ford S.A. is almost impossible, compared to Ford Aus who dole em out easily.

All any of those documents are good for is telling you what the supplied VIN/ID/Chassis number came out with when the car was built new at the factory.. If you actually look at one of these letters, it says we (Ford) are unable to comment on its present specifications or comment on modifications or alterations that may have been made to the vehicle since its production..

Last edited by Donny; 26-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
the letter does tell you the options i believe, so it is a reference point to have while looking at the car. it in no way, shape or form can guarantee your car is genuine, but if you have already had it checked out (as donny does encourage), then you can cross reference the options on the letter to the car and see just how original it is or how dedicated the restoration was

but without someone verifying it's identity, the letter means nothing at all. it only means a car with that number and those options was made on a particular day - it certainly cannot prove that the car you are looking at is the car described in the letter
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
How the hell do you figure what I said to be hypocritical?? Do I claim anywhere that the aformentioned letter authenticated my car?? NO

Its merely 1 peice of paperwork that goes with the car including all the import papers and receipts of $$ spent on the car.. Hypocritical my ar$e..
Firstly go take your meds, settle down and stop trying to get around the swear filter.

True, you don't say that it actually authenticates your car, you just imply it.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
Donny

Are you for real?? You wanna call me a hypocrite and expect me to cop that sweet??? I dont think so...

For a start, I corrected a common misconception about those letters that many people just dont seem to get...

As for my FS add, that has nothing to do with it..
You didnt write the add, so dont go tryin to justify your slip up by telling me that it implies something that it does not. I wrote it not you.

Old 27-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw this ad in the paper too actually, it's been reposted by the news paper
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post