Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #31
AU101

Default Re: Gold Coast, home of the hostile and on-edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
When myself and a large bunch of mates went for a drink in a very posh establishment in Sydney we were spoken to by one of the staff with such contempt that we all ordered drinks (table service) then got up and strolled out.......
Haha thats a ****er mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
sure, there are staff to do these jobs but too many people, when they go out, live exactly the opposite to how they would if they were at home.
Well said Prydey and its very true
AU101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #32
bingoTE50
Steve

Rayner ,give Donny your number,are you still at Coolparts ? Do a deal for him ,he might give you a drive of his GT .
As far as the Coast goes ,I often go down to Main beach and walk in to Surfers ,grab a bite to eat,then walk back. Plenty of smiles and no bad service,but hey,I smile and use manners,and being the handsome man I am ,no problems lol ...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Rayner ,give Donny your number,are you still at Coolparts ? Do a deal for him ,he might give you a drive of his GT...
I dont have my plastic GT anymore.. Sold that back in November last year.. Got myself an AU3 XR8 220 now.. I enjoy that a hell of a lot more.

If all goes well an Im lucky I might not have my XY GT much longer either... But yr welcome to come for a spin if I still have it then..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #34
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rayner ,give Donny your number,are you still at Coolparts ? Do a deal for him ,he might give you a drive of his GT .
As far as the Coast goes ,I often go down to Main beach and walk in to Surfers ,grab a bite to eat,then walk back. Plenty of smiles and no bad service,but hey,I smile and use manners,and being the handsome man I am ,no problems lol ...
That goes a LONG WAY. being the handsome men that we are, it help's a heck of alot. Been here for 6 years and haven't had a bad experience. I do agree that ALOT of workers are backpackers and don't give a toss about customer satisfaction, just want their money and pee off to another country for their next experience. Makes us Gold Coasters look like crap. I have lived on all our eastern coast states and the Gold Coast is best by far. Victoria was good but NOT as nice as Gold Coast. Victoria was nice in the way EVERYONE says hello to strangers but people are more wary in Vic. Gold Coast accepts you for who you are regard less of how many tats or piercings you have.
Old 24-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #35
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
LOL the contamination was a once of pipeline malfunction years ago.

Coomera and Pimpama do have recycled water but its a separate pipe system and thats why they have purple taps outside of houses.
Actually the new treatment plant is up and running and most of the northern gold coast has the recycled water in it's mains. I actually worked on the construction of the treatment plant. Yes it is stinker, but is smells more like a wheelie bin than a dirty toilet bowl.
Old 25-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #36
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rayner ,give Donny your number,are you still at Coolparts ? Do a deal for him ,he might give you a drive of his GT ...
Naah I left Coolparts in November (and been outta work since), but I can still get units from ''other sources'' Ive worked for previously.

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #37
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The car mobs down at surfers can be good at times, although you always get a couple of sour grapes in the mix who's ecotec can outrun a 1000cc bike etc but that's to be expected.

I've always had reasonably good service from people on the GC, maybe I'm just lucky
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #38
Donny

The car scene on the Goldie tho is all plastic crap.. I used to take my XY out every Sunday arvo for some cruising. From Coolie to the spit..
Id be lucky to see 1 or 2 other steel bumpered type cars at the most during 3 or 4 hours of cruising.. That sux.

Old 25-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #39
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
The car scene on the Goldie tho is all plastic crap.. I used to take my XY out every Sunday arvo for some cruising. From Coolie to the spit..
Id be lucky to see 1 or 2 other steel bumpered type cars at the most during 3 or 4 hours of cruising.. That sux.
Yeah i have to agree with ya there Donny, we live in Surfers and once upon a time if ya lived where we are you would always hear the lovely rumble of v8's purring up the road. Now all ya hear is over exhausted puss boxes and blow of valves. Ya still get the odd ones around but very few and far between.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #40
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Donny: Iv lived on the Gold Coast 31 years now, and have seen lots of changes here, not many for the better.. But its still not a bad place..

I have been here for around the same time mate (1978) we have probably run into each other at some stage.. I am surprised after reading this thread how many ff'rs are here on the coast, maybe we should get together for a cruise?, theres' some nice drives to be had up in the hills as i'm sure you all aware. Yea it was pretty different 30 odd years ago, don't think i have actually even driven through the Surfers - Broadbeach strip for 10 years or more, the tourist can have it.. the broadwater used to be a magic place before all the huge multi buck boats started running up and down destroying the fishing and mainly the tranquility .. opening up the seaway has destroyed the amazing fishing that once was, you had to have pretty big balls to cross the old Southport bar, now you have to cruise for an hour or more to find a feed, progress woohoo, i live at Jacobs Well now, lovely little backwater much like the gold coast was many years ago.. anyone remember the Playroom nightclub, Palm Beach? many a wild night was had there, Jimmy Barnes at his drunken best.. back in the days when it was still ok to drive around drunk, never a copper to be seen, we used to think that they were to scared to be out on the road after midnight, was pretty dangerous but a lota fun when you're young and bulletproof.. memories
Cheers
Ed

Last edited by zeuss000; 25-06-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #41
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuss000
[COLOR="Red"]anyone remember the Playroom nightclub, Palm Beach? many a wild night was had there, Jimmy Barnes at his drunken best.. back in the days when it was still ok to drive around drunk, never a copper to be seen, we used to think that they were to scared to be out on the road after midnight, was pretty dangerous but a lota fun when you're young and bulletproof.. memories
Cheers
Ed
Now ya showing ya age. lol Every time I cross the bridge I look down at the site of what was once one of the best clubs on the coast. Almost makes ya shed a tear doesn't it.
As for the cruise idea for a meet and greet type deal with fellow goldie aff members I'm in.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #42
Donny

Mmmm, some good memories of a long time past. It was a very diffrent place then... Iv been here since 1980..
I Remember the Playroom well, The Lone Star and the Broadwater/Spit prior to the seawall, the broadwater and canals for fishing..etc..
Also, the parties we used to have on Panorama, hanging at KFC Miami, the Pool Hall at Mermaid, Broadwater carpark a bit and the cruising and what not.. The things we used to do before the whole world turned into a poxy Nanny State.. Back when the cops were pretty cool and you could get away with a bit of silliness.. Oh the memories of a happier time. We were indestructable back then.. Thanks for the nostalgia trip.

Old 25-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #43
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I havent been interested in visiting the coast since Grundy's was around. And im only 26
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #44
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was there in February this year. I did not come across anyone like the OP described.
I love going there.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #45
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Re: Gold Coast, home of the hostile and on-edge

OK,to be fair, flew from Perth to the VGC for the V8's, the minister for War & Finance, wanted to go to Dracula's Theatre Restaurant. We had an absolute ball, food great, service great, entertainment worth every dollar. Booze was plentiful & cheap. I took my sons out to dinner @ an Italian Restaurant in Runaway Bay, food excellent, service numero uno, atmosphere excellent. I have also visited a Chinese Restaurant in Ormeau (spelling)? Food great, service great, BYO pub was just around the corner. I suppose you get good days & bad days with all businesses. I have never had decent service in Perth at all.
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #46
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

84sexpac: "Now ya showing ya age"

Yea you're right there mate, i keep telling the missus to get rid of that wrinkly mirror in the bathroom haha, and after spending the morning sanding i reckon the years might be catching up, only a week or so of blocking back, aarrgghh..

Donny: "the whole world turned into a poxy Nanny State.. Back when the cops were pretty cool and you could get away with a bit of silliness.. Oh the memories of a happier time. We were indestructable back then.."

Lone Star Tavern, that brings back memories..Hey Hey it's Saturday nights nights.. woohoo.. was certainly a much simpler time, really sad to see what has become of the coast, all these robberies and bashings, unbelievable, i don't get it, if you need money get a b loody job, whats all that about??
I brought a mint XA Superbird back in 1982 for the princly some of $2,500 and my mate had a beautifull Landau that he paid $3,000 for,he got caught once too often for drunk driving in Brisbane and decided to go back to NZ, just dumped the Landau at the airport carpark and left, hmm wonder if it's still there..

I used to be a window cleaner back then, working on the high rise blocks, we used to climb out a window 35 - 40 floors up and work our way right around the building climbing over balconies and back on to the 2 foot wide ledges, wearing thongs and no safety gear at all, use to frighten the c rap out of folks seeing us pop up in there window that far up, used to see some funny things too when no one is expecting it, Sorry lady, how was i to know you do the dishes in the nude, lol couldn't do it nowadays of course, we were given the master keys to all the units. once we knocked on a door, no answer so in we went, went into a bedroom and the floor was covered in large paper bags, must have been a hundred or so, all open at the top and all filled with bundles of 50 and hundred dollar notes, bizzare,must have been millions there, allways wondered whether we should have grabbed a couple of bags and bolted,probably best we didn't.. Ahh memories, enjoy em while you can..
Sorry bout the waffle guys..
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post