Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #31
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks to me like they are both parked right on the line...
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #32
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
I dont get why its so much HASS ? ? Just get in and drive off..............

Running a huge thread and complaining about it isnt going to fix it !
And your wholly constructive two posts (so far) in this thread have helped HEAPS.....

Unfortunately, some people don't consider others when going about their daily business. That's pretty much what has happened here.

If we all thought about how our actions can potentially impact others (and if necessary adjust our actions accordingly) a little more often, then this world would be a much better place, and things like this wouldn't happen!
Old 21-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #33
Andy777

while on parking, bit of a warning

bass hill plaza! dont park in the front, actually dont park any where near there!
wifes car has been swiped once, mother in laws car swiped once, and my brother in laws car hit 2 times now
Andy777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #34
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well rather than start a new thread tboguht I would trump yesterday. Currently lying here in considerable pain, not allowed to move my legs as I have arterial sheaths in. Even after these are removed I am not allowed to move for 8hrs. So the oc and surgeon went about tjeir business only to find my pulmonary artery is way too narrow to stent it open. I woke up to be told I have to have full open heart surgery to fix the issue. Dwfinitely trumps yesterday lol. I will still be out tomorrow all be it walking like I just rode a horse lol.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #35
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
Well rather than start a new thread tboguht I would trump yesterday. Currently lying here in considerable pain, not allowed to move my legs as I have arterial sheaths in. Even after these are removed I am not allowed to move for 8hrs. So the oc and surgeon went about tjeir business only to find my pulmonary artery is way too narrow to stent it open. I woke up to be told I have to have full open heart surgery to fix the issue. Dwfinitely trumps yesterday lol. I will still be out tomorrow all be it walking like I just rode a horse lol.
Best you don't sweat the small stuff (like car parking)

Good Luck
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

didnt read all the replies.. but bare this in mind. it may not be the driver next to you who was at fault. Often you will find a large 4WD was parked on an angle on the other side of the supposed offender and they only way this car could manage to fit in was to hug your side.

i think you should have a beer and get over it.
Old 21-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
whats the go there book you back in for the op later on??.. chin up man docs now days are spot on.. just rest up and amuse yourself with the ramblings on AFF bud..
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #38
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
didnt read all the replies.. but bare this in mind. it may not be the driver next to you who was at fault. Often you will find a large 4WD was parked on an angle on the other side of the supposed offender and they only way this car could manage to fit in was to hug your side.

this is true...there is often a knock on effect, but i would imagine if the bloke would not have called attention to it in this way if that were the case.

Quote:
damn mate... you make me sound like a little girl, my workmates have heard me bitching about a broken toe the last few days
...all the best mate

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #39
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well one good thing is my mrs had to feed me as I am lying down. However she also had to hold my p**** while I go to the toilet lmao. However it isn't fun lying here naked and constantly having people checking my groin etc. My arterial sheaths are now out but I still have to lie flat for 8hrs to make sure the wound does not reopen. Nothing like having blood spurt from you femeral artery lol. The nurses here are great easy to joke with, one guy is from phillipines and younger than me (i am 27) and he is a laugh.
Old 21-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #40
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

i've spent more than my share of time in hospital over the years, i tried to stay postive & hilarious...glad to see you have a sense of humour about yourself still mate...well played.
hope your recovery from these shennanigans is swift & comfortable my friend.

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #41
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Health is more important than a scratch on a car..............

Good luck !
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #42
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Haha still lying here awake in pain. Bloody nurses won't bend the rules. For the last 7hrs they have said my arteries have healed well, but they won't let me off my back, so since about 9am I have been lying on my ciatic nerve which I have problems with. All I need to do is sit up and bend my legs but they won't let me till atleast 2am. Whilst I understand why when you have been lying in pain since 1pm and it is now 12:30 not too mention to get rid of it is as simple as sitting up it is testing my patience. Sorry for posting this but I need to vent, i am certainly not going to stop being polite to the nursing staff and my mrs is at home asleep.

Doc just came in to do bloodwork because the nurse was freaking out about a temp of 37.9, he himself said bloody bearocracy as he stated I look fine and also I should be up and about now. Both of us agreed my temp was fine and possibly the result of having been imobile in a bed since 10am.

Currently being entertained by cops lol.

Last edited by Spudz27; 22-01-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 22-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #43
Sizey
Mk5 Transbulance

I have found that once the vehicle is stationary it is not a problem..........it is the morons down here in SA (not all are morons just some) that have not a clue in the slightest as to how to park and ding up other cars on the way in / out. Then they have the audacity to drive off.

Or the ones who just swing the door open and BANG. how did that car get there??? well love you happen to be in a car park.

B series xr6 wagon
Now deceased

BF Fairlane ex taxi
Now for more fun
[/CENTER]
Sizey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #44
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well I gotta say I was surprised at the Hospital. I am in tremendous pain due to huge amount of bruising around my groin and my right thigh. I asked the doctor for pain relief to go home with and was told we will give you paracetemol, see your GP on Monday. Then after being told to take it easy, not lift more than 1kg, don't drive for a week etc, I was made to walk about 500m to get to my car. Now it doesn't seem much, but if you saw my leg you would understand why this was an issue. It took me 20mins with tears in my eyes to do it. Now at mums her partner had some Tramadol so I had one of those and drifted of for some rest lol. My poor mrs has to put my clothes on for me as I can't bend down to do so and god only knows how I am going to use the toilet. Thanks to those who posted in the thread, now it is just a waiting game to see the next course of action, but it won't be any less than Open heart surgery.

Won't be upgrading the Fairmont anymore as we need to save for the possibility I need 6-10weeks off work , but my health is more important.

Last edited by Spudz27; 22-01-2011 at 09:13 PM.