Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #91
kinksta
Luxojet

Are you a movie reviewer/critic? How did you get into that?
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #92
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Projectionist actually, just happened to be in the right places at the right times

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #93
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
live such a miserable life just to get around in a rickety old deathtraps makes sense........... if your car couldnt pass a basic RWC then your doing it wrong........
you're such a killjoy mitchymoo!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #94
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Looks like this thread needs to be moved to here:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Weird South Australians... :P
Old 27-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #95
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
I have just about had enough of this pathetic excuse of a state. To cancel an event in a place like Murray Bridge for Pete Sake is utter B.S.!!! we only get a very select few events each year and now this has been pulled on us.

The other day there was a survey on the adelaidenow website asking former SA resident why they left. there were enough reasons on there to sink a ship. nearly all of them valid.

I lived in Penrith NSW for 9 years and I tell ya, What I would give to go back there to live, at least there was stuff to do in the way of motorsport. Bathurst a couple of hours up the hills and Eastern Creek down the road and at the time we had Oran park too.

What do we have here? a useless track in the burbs that is shut 363 days of the year (AIR) a track in the sticks that takes 2 hours to get to (Mallala) and a government that charges soo much money just for the privilege of occasionally getting your car out for a sunday drive. Sorry Tailem Bend didn't get a mention but that isn't really a track... yet

The impact on the local economy is equaly a big consern, I would imagian that this event brings A LOT of people to the area for the event, these people all need to spend money even if its just a can of drink. if safety is the reason well conduct a full risk assesment for hte event, this will highlight any areas that need attention, then decide if it is viable to continue. I would argue that it would be and that buy not holding the event the town and its local busienss will suffer as a result

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post