Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Smythy93

Default How many posts do you need to post in the sales area?

im trying to sell something in the sales area and it comes up with you might not have enough posts or somthen. how many posts do you need? im a new user aswell signed up today so that might help?

thanks

Old 18-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Here's the For Sale section T&C's..
Have a read through it mate...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=74553

Kris

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 18-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Smythy93

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
Here's the For Sale section T&C's..
Have a read through it mate...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=74553

Kris

you just answerd my question for me
thanks mate appreciate the help.
Old 18-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Posting a bunch of useless posts like you have done today is not the way to raise you're post count.
You shall be warned and have some removed.
Old 19-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Rob-bfGTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Posting a bunch of useless posts like you have done today is not the way to raise you're post count.
You shall be warned and have some removed.
Easy on Falcon Coupe "Moderator" - the new guy politely asked about what to do and thanked the other moderator for his assistance regarding the For Sale section. I do not see what was so "useless" about his most recent posts. Anyway, not a very warm welcome to a relatively new Forums member!
Old 19-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-baGTP
Easy on Falcon Coupe "Moderator" - the new guy politely asked about what to do and thanked the other moderator for his assistance regarding the For Sale section. I do not see what was so "useless" about his most recent posts. Anyway, not a very warm welcome to a relatively new Forums member!
Just to reiterate ..... posting 25 non constructive posts in quick succession just to be able to post an add is not accepted. Read the T&C's of the Sales Yard which states this very clearly. This is a free service and is here for members who have contributed to the forums, hence the post count prerequisite.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 19-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 20-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #7
Rob-bfGTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Just to reiterate ..... posting 25 non constructive posts in quick succession just to be able to post an add is not accepted. Read the T&C's of the Sales Yard which states this very clearly. This is a free service and is here for members who have contributed to the forums, hence the post count prerequisite.
I understand what you are trying to achieve. However, I have read the T&Cs, and it is not clear to me at all that "25 non constructive posts in quick succession ....is not accepted".
It states that a member faces a possible permanant(sic) ban from the Sales Yard for "Trolling the site just to acheive(sic) the required posts..." which I think is a bit over-the-top for someone who hasn't even posted an ad.
Anyway, if the Forums Committee feels so strongly about not only the number of, but also the quality of the posts, I suggest you may need to reword the opening provisos of the T&Cs (as well as checking the spelling).
Thanks, Robert H.
Old 20-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

did you read the blokes posts?
most of them were along the lines of 'nice post' or 'i agree'
he was just trying to get 25 posts as the mods said and he does not deserve to use the for sale section.
if we were to let anyone post in the for sale section it will become the trading post with people signing in just to sell there rubbish.
Old 20-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
did you read the blokes posts?
most of them were along the lines of 'nice post' or 'i agree'
he was just trying to get 25 posts as the mods said and he does not deserve to use the for sale section.
if we were to let anyone post in the for sale section it will become the trading post with people signing in just to sell there rubbish.
Thanks .... Sales area is a massive area that has a lot of traffic being very popular and is there for the members to use for free. It is moderated in away to keep it clean and up to date and takes alot of work to keep on top of it. If left to its own devises it would be full of spam and everyone promoting their ebay stores and would not be fair to the members in general.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

If it wasn't for the issue of moving all existing users to a new group I would set this up to be a time based rather than post based restriction but it probably doesn't merit the work (and disruption) involved.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread