Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Default Clunks changing into 2nd

Hey All,

I have noticed more and more over the past few weeks I seem to be getting a bit more of a clunk trying to get into 2nd, I have thought about trying to get the fluid changed but I think the IB5 is extremely difficult to change. Any other ideas?

Cheers

K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All I can say is that the IB5 is a little bastard sometimes! Still have fond memories of my WP not engaging reverse, issues with third, and hated going into fifth without a fight. Still, gave the car craploads of character!

I know others here had the transmission oil changed early in their WS Fiesta models and claimed it helped with their reluctant reverse gear, could be worth a shot?
Old 16-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I haven't had any transmission issues with my WP (touch wood) besides the odd instance of not engaging reverse. When that does happen I just shift into first then back into reverse. Works every time.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine is also full of character, 1st can sometimes crunch, same with second, and 3rd, only sometimes though. reverse often decides not to go in when i need it the most, and as of recently the reverse light sometimes decides not to work.

dont care though, love the car
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
jorgo86

The IB5 is a POS IMO. Mine crunches 1st to 2nd, and it's a ***** to get into reverse. I've heard a fluid change is good, but there is no drainage hole

Twinpiston, ethanos (on xr4.com) says he can give you a fluid change for $69 (he's based in Sydney though, not sure where you are).

A couple of xr4 members have had fluids changed/topped up and says it does make a noticable difference.

I'll probably be getting it done in the next couple of weeks
jorgo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

my wq is starting to pop out of 2nd gear when going down hills which is a pain my other gears are okay thoe never crunch's, but is hard to get in reverse sometimes if i dont leave the clutch in long enough and put it in reverse theres a loud crunch.
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post