Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #1
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Default getting custom plates back?

hey everyone, this is probably a long shot but a good 10 years ago dad sold his honda accord with his custom plates still attached to it, he never signed over the plates to the new owners but they left on the car. often hes said he wished he wasnt lazy and had swapped them for state plates.

i know these plates aernt still attached to the vehicle, if they were never signed over is it possible their in storage at DPI somewhere and if they were what are my chances of getting hold of them and attaching them to his commodore or his FG,

cheers

BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you checked to see if you can just order them again? if they have been handed in and not re issued its just a matter of ordering them as thought they were any other custom plate

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

In NSW custom plates attract a storage fee. If the original owner hasn't removed the plates then handed them over the counter and paid the fee then there is no chance they are sitting in storage to be collected 8 years later.

Do a new search online via the WA motoring authority if they offer that service, or just make a phone call. If they are available then order them back the moment you can, if they are not, then you have very little to no chance of obtaining them again.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

If the plates havent been handed back in to the RTA (or other state equivalent) then you can (in NSW at least) do a record check to see who the plates are currently registered to. You wil have to pay for this service of course and the owner will be notified of your search.

Once you find out who has them, you can appraoch them and offer to buy them back.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
glavas

what do they say. sorry if i am nosy. must not be to worth wild if you old man was to "lazy" to not keep them. although still thinking about them 8 years on maybe they are?
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
seduced_xr
BF XR6

they wont mean much to anyone else but him, but mum bent the front plate on his commodore last week and i figured rather then putting more state plates on it i would try and find out where his custom ones are at.

their WA, black on blue. LETTER LETTER NUMBER NUMBER NUMBER P

ill call the DPI tomorrow and go from there, we have no service to tell if a plate is available rather then calling up. we can only check if the plate is currently registered to a car. but to sign a plate over you must complete the change of owner form and hand over the certificate of right to display.

ill let you know how i go
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #7
Gaz
Got Ghia?

I'd be fairly sure if you sold a car with the plates attached you also automatically sell the plates as they are part of the car...

Closest in WA is this https://online.transport.wa.gov.au/w.../registration/

you can check the plate to see when the rego of the car their attached to expires. If it doesn't show their probably been handed back.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #8
seduced_xr
BF XR6

ive already tried that gaz and their not showing anything, a mate of mine just purchased a car with custom plates and the old owner had to sign seperate forms for the custom plates and pay an additional fee for them to be signed over and also hand over the right to display certificate, i have the right to display certificate for these plates.

ive been looking at WA custom series and they dont offer this style anymore, they offer a similar one which is 3 letters and 3 numbers black on blue plate, so mabe i can order the plate on that style.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #9
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
what do they say. sorry if i am nosy. must not be to worth wild if you old man was to "lazy" to not keep them. although still thinking about them 8 years on maybe they are?
i was looking through a photo album the other day and they were on his first car, his valliant charger and his honda accord, the honda (mum was driving) the plates left on was sold very quickly as he got a company car change over in 2001 and was offered his current EF falcon at a price he couldnt resist so the cars all went down the line one and the honda was sold.