Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
GTP-03

Default Moffat.....where the falcon hell are you?

Isnt Allan Moffat suppose to be the new FPV ambassador, or am I mistaken? Its the Falcons 50th anniversay this year and Ford are missing a golden oppurtunity to promote the Falcon and the new up and coming FPV Coyote powered range, why not get Allan moffat doing some short adds about it??? I havent seen him promote any FPV product, come on Ford lift you game!! USE MOFFAT NOW!!!

Old 09-05-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Your timing is out a little, wait a few weeks for the 50th promotions.

I'm not sure the idea of him being the ambassador for FPV means he should be used for promoting something other than FPV's. If they do so it's defeating the purpose, and that is giving FPV some more cred and exclusivity.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They're obviously waiting till Miami is released before they use him, why promote the current product that only has a few months to go with the likelyhood that last orders have already been taken.

I'd say we'll see the Moff come later in the year.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's the Falcon's 50th anniversay. Not FPV's.

Wouldn't a promotional campaign showcasing Ford's and the Falcon's place among the working families of the last 50 years work better. Of course combating the notion that the Holden Commodore is Australia's favorite car, while promoting the new FG mkII facelift.

A nostalgic piece showing the same house and street changing over 50 years. A Young man and new wife are first shown with their new XK in the drive way of their first home. We then see that same family, with a kid and baby in tow, with a new XR Falcon. Next, that same family, now with teenage sons washing an XB on the front lawn. Next, Son number one pull up in his brand new XF, with young wife on his arm. The EF Falcon rolls up the driveway next, Son and wife presenting their newborn to Nan and Pop. Cue, a quick stop with the BA XR6, as the family arrives to visit that same Young man and wife who owned the XK, now in their 80s. Closed by a new FG mkII Falcon, pulling up the driveway in 2010 with Grand Son at the wheel.

Aimed at the babyboomers.

" The Ford Falcon. Generations of Australian motoring. "
" The Ford Falcon. There for every step of the way. "

Now for Generation X and Y.

Similar promotions could run. Starting with something like the EF Falcon. Young boy runs through the house, Puppy running next to him, footy under the arm and both dive into the EF with Dad waiting at the wheel. Fast foward to the BA XR6 as teenage son pulled along by a big mature Lab. Closing with the now 20 something Son, FG mkII XR6 pulling up out front, Lab sprinting from the car door to a now graying father.

And if we really need to address FPV.

Some time in 1966, two young men pull up into a garage in an XR GT, they pop the bonnet the camera focuses on the 4.7l Windsor, as one guy says to the other " wow! ".. the other replies ".. But, I bet she can go harder. " they step in and the grease monkeys get to work... as we see the guys go back and forth, the engine and car morphs from engine to engine, finally stopping on the FG mkII GT.. with whatever engine is in it, the Coyote or the BOSS.

Yeah, I had some free time.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@onfire,you should put in for a job with Ford. Like your concepts.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
GXL Guy

Onfire, what a great suggestion. Those scenarios are great - would love to see them come to fruition as an advertisement....
Fords, gotta love 'em.....
GXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Marketing dept have lost the plot and have been behind the 8 ball for several years,they need to track down ONFIRE and get him working for them
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Onfire, that would have to be the best concept ive ever heard. I can literally picture it in my mind. It would strike a chord with all motoring Australians I believe. Reps for you.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire

Wouldn't a promotional campaign showcasing Ford's and the Falcon's place among the working families of the last 50 years work better. Of course combating the notion that the Holden Commodore is Australia's favorite car, while promoting the new FG mkII facelift.

A nostalgic piece showing the same house and street changing over 50 years. A Young man and new wife are first shown with their new XK in the drive way of their first home. We then see that same family, with a kid and baby in tow, with a new XR Falcon. Next, that same family, now with teenage sons washing an XB on the front lawn. Next, Son number one pull up in his brand new XF, with young wife on his arm. The EF Falcon rolls up the driveway next, Son and wife presenting their newborn to Nan and Pop. Cue, a quick stop with the BA XR6, as the family arrives to visit that same Young man and wife who owned the XK, now in their 80s. Closed by a new FG mkII Falcon, pulling up the driveway in 2010 with Grand Son at the wheel.

Similar promotions could run. Starting with something like the EF Falcon. Young boy runs through the house, Puppy running next to him, footy under the arm and both dive into the EF with Dad waiting at the wheel. Fast foward to the BA XR6 as teenage son pulled along by a big mature Lab. Closing with the now 20 something Son, FG mkII XR6 pulling up out front, Lab sprinting from the car door to a now graying father.

Some time in 1966, two young men pull up into a garage in an XR GT, they pop the bonnet the camera focuses on the 4.7l Windsor, as one guy says to the other " wow! ".. the other replies ".. But, I bet she can go harder. " they step in and the grease monkeys get to work... as we see the guys go back and forth, the engine and car morphs from engine to engine, finally stopping on the FG mkII GT.. with whatever engine is in it, the Coyote or the BOSS.

So I guess the EA and AU never happened in your timeline JJ Abrams?

How about an EB and an AU2? A little more palpable perhaps?

I agree however, that Ford should tug at Australias heart strings a little more like Holden does, I have a feeling though that the companys marketing focus is directed on promoting a sexy, euro, tech-savvy future rather than images of the 'good old days'
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I wouldn't have an EA or AU in any ford promo ad, as much as the AU was a good car, it was considered a flop, not good advertising material.
Bring up the models that really succeeded, and I think onfire has done just that.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the comments guys.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
weenie

I can just see it now " The new FPV comes with Allan Moffat recommended GT radials 195/55/14." " I used to race GTs, now i am the cheapest marketing tool Ford/FPV have that can try & sell GTs".
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are some really good ideas there mate, although the idea of a car towing a jet ski through the desert might be more appealing to Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire

Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #14
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie
I can just see it now " The new FPV comes with Allan Moffat recommended GT radials 195/55/14." " I used to race GTs, now i am the cheapest marketing tool Ford/FPV have that can try & sell GTs".
I can see that positive contributions to threads aren't your forte then?
I'd seriously like to see ford do something like what onfire has proposed. So much so I'd like him to email/post his ideas to ford with a link to this thread, highlighting how many people support his ideas, and maybe they will listen somewhat.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #15
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
So I guess the EA and AU never happened in your timeline JJ Abrams?

How about an EB and an AU2? A little more palpable perhaps?

I agree however, that Ford should tug at Australias heart strings a little more like Holden does, I have a feeling though that the companys marketing focus is directed on promoting a sexy, euro, tech-savvy future rather than images of the 'good old days'
Just cos he missed out on your falc!

But seriously, great concept to say the least!

If a marketer for Ford saw that piece of info, they would cop a promotion straight away!

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know a corporate recruiter for Ford Australia?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #17
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
I can see that positive contributions to threads aren't your forte then?
I'd seriously like to see ford do something like what onfire has proposed. So much so I'd like him to email/post his ideas to ford with a link to this thread, highlighting how many people support his ideas, and maybe they will listen somewhat.

+1 especially your first sentence.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to rain on the party but Toyota did a similar commercial waaaaaaaaaaay back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YK-kGpFKhg.
But everything old can be new again as they say. I'm all for it.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #19
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
Not to rain on the party but Toyota did a similar commercial waaaaaaaaaaay back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YK-kGpFKhg.
But everything old can be new again as they say. I'm all for it.

Bugger.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 11-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #20
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 1972 though. It can still work lol.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #21
Chopped
as in chopped

Sounds like the Holden VE Ute commercial. Nostalgic Ads always work well.

As for Moffat, every product is "great" when you are paid to say it is "great".
Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #22
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

onfire, that advertisement has much merit and appeal if i were you i would rock up to broadmedows with a Powerpoint preso and on a whim chance try to put it forward, never know could end up with a good pay check and company car...?

+ rep points to your good self.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
Den76
Phantom cruiser

onfire- love the whole 3 scenerios,
even if toyota made a similar commercial ford and onfire can perfect it
Den76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
crunchbunty

Why do we need MOFF?

What is wrong with Ford's recent ads?

We could have an ad that features 28seconds of pictures of ears. Old ears, young ears, hairy ears, waxy ears, peirced ears, animal ears etc. There could be ears floating accross mountains and oceans and cities and it could all be set to some inspirational and tear-jerking piano medley. Finally.... in the last two seconds of the ad, lara bingle comes onto screen and says "COME EAR (HERE) AND BUY A BLOODY FPV"

Laugh if you will, but were the walking fingers ads any better????
crunchbunty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chev also had a similiar ad in the states with the Camaro in the late 90's. A father and son working on an early model Camaro with a new one sitting in the drive way.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post