Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #91
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
The Mondeo figures are in the Stats section already.

The Ford Ranger figures are below:

Ford Ranger 4x2 - 269 in Feb, 595 YTD (down 25.3%)
Ford Ranger 4x4 - 403 in Feb, 798 YTD (down 11.0%)

I shall endeavour to add them to the monthly stats.

Cheers
Russ

PS: The Ranger and 4x4 Ute categories have been added now.
Thank you for filling in the missing pieces Russ.

John
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #92
HQ2VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
If you have a serious buyer who wants a certain vehicle not in stock,
dealers will usually check other dealer inventories and arrange a transfer.
Then maybe supply is not the issue??? :
HQ2VY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #93
sxckevo
Ford motor company

i would kill to work in the ford au to know the 'REAL' details about profit, production figures etc all i read around here lately is people bickering about everything under the sun

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #94
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The thing is you have 3,4 or 5 years notice before your lease runs out... if its an update for a lease vehicle all you need to do is plan 5-6 weeks out!!!
I can't understand why that's such an issue but you're right, we live in a "must have it now" society.......
I don't have a lease... I own the vehicle. I work in IT, last thing I want is to lease a car that I can no longer claim on tax.

I generally buy on a whim, it's not completely planned beforehand. One day I'll go to work, have a break between calls and by the end of the day, I own a new car.

I know I'm in that mode now because I'm car window shopping. Guaranteed, sometime by the end of the year I'll be in another car. I've got just under 2 years and just ticked over 60k on my R32 and I'll definitely want to get rid of it at *least* 10k before the warranty expires.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #95
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQV8
Then maybe supply is not the issue??? :
One way, the difference between Commodore and Falcon sales is the 1400 odd Sportwagons sold.
The other way is that Holden is pushing a lot more Omegas where Ford barely sells any XTs anymore...

Makes you wonder whether there's more to Holden and Ford's product mix than meets the eye....
Problem is that the sales are no longer directly comparable as they once were, different buyers...
Old 04-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #96
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Russell, your graph shows the Getz sales going back to 2000. The Getz wasn't introduced until 2002, so how is this possible? There was no predecessor to the Getz.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #97
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
Russell, your graph shows the Getz sales going back to 2000. The Getz wasn't introduced until 2002, so how is this possible? There was no predecessor to the Getz.
In terms of the VFACTs classification there is a predecessor so for the purposes of this data the full description would read Accent / Excel / Getz all of which were classified in the Light segment.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #98
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In terms of the VFACTs classification there is a predecessor so for the purposes of this data the full description would read Accent / Excel / Getz all of which were classified in the Light segment.

Cheers
Russ
Just because a car maker has two cars in one segment does not mean those sales should be added together. The Accent was introduced in 2000, and the Getz in 2002, but they were separate models, and were sold side by side, in the same way that the Jetta and Passat are both classified by VFACTs as medium cars, but are very separate models. You wouldn't combine their sales in a graph, would you?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #99
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just because a car maker has two cars in one segment does not mean those sales should be added together. The Accent was introduced in 2000, and the Getz in 2002, but they were separate models, and were sold side by side, in the same way that the Jetta and Passat are both classified by VFACTs as medium cars, but are very separate models. You wouldn't combine their sales in a graph, would you?
And you clealry dont understand what the charts are trying to show!!

Russel: Thanks for the charts, I enjoy reading them every month
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 AM   #100
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
And you clealry dont understand what the charts are trying to show!!

Russel: Thanks for the charts, I enjoy reading them every month

No, I don't understand what the charts are trying to show. Maybe you can clarify that for me. Are the charts trying to show:

A) A car maker's presence in a certain segment. If so, then why does the medium SUV chart, for example, list Prado and Kluger as SEPARATE models, instead of adding their sales together?

I assumed that it was B) To show INDIVIDUAL model sales in a particular segment. In which case, Accent and Getz should most definitely not be added together.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #101
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
What leads you to believe I am stupid enough to add them together?

As they have transitioned through each model the preceding one has been replaced by the applicable replacement (or closest thing to it) within the segment. Where sales have overlapped in a model run-out then both have been counted. This is no different to the transition from kA to Festiva to Fiesta or Mazda 626 to Mazda 6. You are incorrect in your statement that they ran concurrently except as noted in my postscript below.

Perhaps, if you took a moment to actually think before typing, you would have realised that the numbers weren't anywhere near high enough to include both models at the same time. Or is is just easier to take a shot?

Russ

PS: To be precise about what the actual figures contain:

January to May 2000 are Excel figures - it being their only entrant in the segment.

June 2000 to September 2002 figures are for the Accent even though the Getz started to appear in the figures from August 2002 onwards (but not before).

October 2002 to January 2003 figures combine the Accent and Getz figures as Accent was in run-out as evidenced by the (63, 47, 12 and 2 sales for each of those months respectively). It disappeared from the sales charts in February 2003.

Figures from January 2003 onward are for the Getz.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 05-03-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #102
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Russell, I'm not sure what you mean by saying the Accent was in run out in 2003. The Accent remained on sale in Australia until 2009. It had a 9 year run spanning 2 generations in that time. The Accent replaced the Excel. The Getz is a smaller model than both, which slots below them in size.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #103
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Let me clarify this for you.

From February 2003 the (presumably new) model Accent was classified as a "Small" segment vehicle rather than a Light segment one as it had been previously. Thus the previous Light segment model was in run-out and it's direct replacement was the Getz.

To further complicate the issue, in January 2006 the Accent was reclassified back into the Light segment - not being an expert on them but I'd presume another change of model.

I don't control the VFACTs classification or the vehicles that get placed in them - all I do is analyse the data. Either way, your issue with double counting has been addressed in my post above and I trust you are satisfied at that.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #104
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.caradvice.com.au/59707/ho...t-in-february/

Quote:
Holden sales up 24 per cent in February

March 5, 2010 by Matt Brogan

As this month’s FCAI figures are released, Holden has recorded a 24 per cent jump in sales for the month of February compared tot the same month last year.

The figures show a totl of 11,213 Holdens were sold during February with the most popular models including the Holden Commodore (3914 units), Holden Captiva (1315 units), Holden Cruze (2075), Holden Barina (1292 units) and Holden Colorado (1241 units).

“We started the year with good sales in January so we’re happy to see the momentum continuing through into February,” said Mr John Elsworth, Holden’s Executive Directon of Sales and Marketing.

“Holden’s market share sits at 13.8 per cent year to date and we’re rapt Australians are placing our cars on top of their shopping lists. Our plan remains pretty simple – keep building fantastic cars and offering outstanding value.”

http://www.caradvice.com.au/59711/to...t-in-february/

Quote:
Toyota sales up 17.8 per cent in February

March 5, 2010 by Matt Brogan

Toyota Australia saw a solid increase in sales during February recording a 17.8 per cent rise over the same month last year.

Toyota sold 16,814 vehicles last month, an impressive 15.5 per cent gain on January’s effort, and some 5601 vehicles – or approximately 50 per cent – ahead of its nearest competitor.

Popular sellers include the Toyota HiLux (3271 units), Toyota Corolla (3042 units) and Toyota Camry (2116 units). The new Toyota Camry Hybrid sold 742 units, or roughly one-third of all Camry sales.

“Hybrid Camry is the most fuel-efficient and most technologically advanced car built in Australia,” said Mr Matthew Callachor, Toyota’s Executive Director of Sales and Marketing.

“It is a practical way for drivers of mid-size and large cars to save money on fuel and reduce greenhouse gas emissions,

“It is the first locally built car and the first mid-size car to score the maximum five-star rating from the Federal Government’s Green Vehicle Guide.”
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #105
I6DOHC

Quote:
The first set of graphical data and commentary for February has now been uploaded to the Tech Area.

Cheers
Russ
I just don't get to this site often enough, that's the first time I've seen that much detail in vehicle sales for the month...brilliant stuff.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #106
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Going by the sales chart Falcon had an increase over last year, regardless of the sales Commodore have made. Another point is where Aurion is in all this, If the market leader cannot sell large FWD's in Australia then what chance has Ford of moving over to FWD Falcon, whether now or five years down the track does not matter, Early Taurus proved the point about fifteen years ago. The lack of 380 in Australia proves this again three years ago, and dismal Aurion sales prove that today. I agree that changes have to be made in Ford to increase sales, but I think the problem is more perception more so than product. If Ford just dump a Falcon badged Taurus on the market, it will be financial suicide for them.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #107
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20btt
Going by the sales chart Falcon had an increase over last year, regardless of the sales Commodore have made. Another point is where Aurion is in all this, If the market leader cannot sell large FWD's in Australia then what chance has Ford of moving over to FWD Falcon, whether now or five years down the track does not matter, Early Taurus proved the point about fifteen years ago. The lack of 380 in Australia proves this again three years ago, and dismal Aurion sales prove that today. I agree that changes have to be made in Ford to increase sales, but I think the problem is more perception more so than product. If Ford just dump a Falcon badged Taurus on the market, it will be financial suicide for them.
agreed 100%

Its the perception that has to change. Focus on improving quality control ( which they have been doing with FG ) offer better warranties, improve after sales service and maybe run a highly publicized durability and/or fuel economy/running cost test
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #108
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20btt
Good points,
It would be easier for Ford to raid the mid sized market with a Falcon based product than play their silly game...
One RWD platform capable of supporting Coupe, sedan and CUV as Mid sized and large vehicles.
1. Mid sizer could be XR with I-4 EB, V6 and V8
2. Full size could remain Falcon size and be G Series luxury vehicle with V6 and V8 engines.

That could nearly double Falcon sales and really put a kink in Toyota's plans...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #109
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Can't believe there are 1365 idiots who are too lazy to compare soft roaders and settled for the bottom of the rung captiva[/QUOTE]

Maybe 1365 people chose quality features and price over driving dynamics and poor ford service?????? I know l did 3 years ago and have enjoyed 160,00 trouble free klms. :
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #110
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Russ, are you able to post full sales figures for Feb?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #111
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Since the Commodore Sportwagon came out, the Commodore has lept ahead of the Corolla, they were neck and neck for a while there with the Corolla sometimes overtaking the Commodore.

Now the Commodore is nowhere being touched by the Corolla, in Feb the Commordore was 900 units ahead. I think the Sportwagon has added some serious volume to the Commodore.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #112
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I think the Sportwagon has added some serious volume to the Commodore.
Yes.. but you'd be wrong.... Total volume is still about on par to what it was pre sports hatch.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #113
morak001
460 - cubes torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
1. Mid sizer could be XR with I-4 EB, V6 and V8
As in BMW 3 series size car with a supercharged 5.0?

can't see them doing it.
morak001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #114
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander31
So....you hate the Holden Marketing Team...for doing a good job? : : What the hell? You do know that they are paid to make ads that sell cars?

Would you rather Holden employed the Ford Marketing Team perhaps? :
They deceive! I mean, SIDI Direct injection? DI is Direct Injection! They already SAID IT! And SI??? Spark Ignition? Umm thats what cars from the 1900's needed! They just love making out they are the blokes that DID this and DID that. Yet they do stuff all but import all their products. Their IDIOTS.
And on the SIDI again, Didn't the big 4.0 G6 smash that SIDI junk in fuel economy all other the place? ya see what i mean? LIERS!!!!!!!!! : : : : : : :
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #115
Falcman0o7
Banned

I wish ford would advertise with false overrated BS and make out their wheels turn into toasters, kettles, ovens and fridges when the car breaks down. Then the end of the add could be a happy little family sitting on the side of the road having coffee and toast talking about the old days.

Family...Isn't it about time?
FORD...Have a coffee.

Cop that Holden!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #116
Falcman0o7
Banned

Oh yeh. I don't think a Chevy cruze..I mean HOLDEN CRUZE is SMALL???
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #117
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The final set of figures (those for FPV and HSV) are now uploaded into the Tech Section.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #118
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
The final set of figures (those for FPV and HSV) are now uploaded into the Tech Section.

Cheers
Russ
Thanks. Alot of data there!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #119
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Russel are you able to post full sales data for Feb?