Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
You're a complete idiot and you don't deserve to drive.
An idiot would have done it in an suburban street not on a back road.
Old 21-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #32
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What would really annoy me is that theres no where in SA to test your car legally, so you decided to go on a back road out of town away from civilization, which IMO is the right thing to do, its what I would do. But then you still get caught!

Just wondering would the punishment be the same if you did it on a main road in suburbia, or did they go easy on you because you did go out of town?
Old 21-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #33
zdcol71
zdcol71

Good grief guys, what is the difference between a backroad and a main road in suburbia that are both governed by the same legislation. If a cocky turns out of his property in the middle of the night and is confronted with somebody sideways, spinning tyres,... again,dare I say it ... hooning!, why is this ok?
Why try and qualify it by saying it wasn't in suburbia so maybe there is a basis for different, or more lenient, punishment ??
Old 21-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #34
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Good grief guys, what is the difference between a backroad and a main road in suburbia that are both governed by the same legislation. If a cocky turns out of his property in the middle of the night and is confronted with somebody sideways, spinning tyres,... again,dare I say it ... hooning!, why is this ok?
Why try and qualify it by saying it wasn't in suburbia so maybe there is a basis for different, or more lenient, punishment ??

not a fair statement , the govt allow performance cars on our roads capable of 250kms an hr. you think thats ok , yet a wheel spin is not . in fact it is not . however next ime you flop on a vid and spank the salami , bare in mind many people will think your a fool too. and you could be ridiculed and shamed, when reality to is you just got caught , and no harm was done , its not as if you did it on a school crossing
Old 21-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
not a fair statement , the govt allow performance cars on our roads capable of 250kms an hr. you think thats ok , yet a wheel spin is not . in fact it is not . however next ime you flop on a vid and spank the salami , bare in mind many people will think your a fool too. and you could be ridiculed and shamed, when reality to is you just got caught , and no harm was done , its not as if you did it on a school crossing
If per chance "I flop on a video and spank the salami!!!" I will not be too perturbed about being caught and ridiculed, if in fact that is what happens, my defence (if I need to justify it ) will be that I as I was in my own home doing something that was completely legal, so by all means, shame me and ridicule me, I have neither offended nor affected anyone else.If however I chose to 'Spank the salami" (your eloquent turn of phrase, not mine), on a school crossing, or backroad in the mddle of the night ,and got caught doing so, then yes ,I would put my hand in the air and say"TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE, THROW THE BOOK AT ME!!!
Ps as for your statement that the government allow performance cars on our roads,don't get me started. They also allow pistol shooters and gun club members to fire deadly ammunition around in controlled environments, they also let formally trained martial arts experts to use their lethal skills in sanctioned competition, they also let babies teeter at the top of stairs on the basis that if they fall, hey they've learnt a valuable lesson and wont do it twice!!!
Old 21-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #36
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
You're not that character from the Chasers who sits at his typewriter furiously stroking moral furies are you?

Adrenaline..."grandma's army"... I liked that
Old 21-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #37
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
If per chance "I flop on a video and spank the salami!!!" I will not be too perturbed about being caught and ridiculed, if in fact that is what happens, my defence (if I need to justify it ) will be that I as I was in my own home doing something that was completely legal, so by all means, shame me and ridicule me, I have neither offended nor affected anyone else.If however I chose to 'Spank the salami" (your eloquent turn of phrase, not mine), on a school crossing, or backroad in the mddle of the night ,and got caught doing so, then yes ,I would put my hand in the air and say"TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE, THROW THE BOOK AT ME!!!
Ps as for your statement that the government allow performance cars on our roads,don't get me started. They also allow pistol shooters and gun club members to fire deadly ammunition around in controlled environments, they also let formally trained martial arts experts to use their lethal skills in sanctioned competition, they also let babies teeter at the top of stairs on the basis that if they fall, hey they've learnt a valuable lesson and wont do it twice!!!

hahahaha LOL . i like your style and that is well written . but please , keep it in perspective , i'm not sure this guy is an idiot for what he has done .
if he is than we all are for something or another .
Old 21-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Bad luck. Thankfully you admitted your wrong doing, usually all we hear about is the cops are unfair etc. I remember being caught doing 140 in a 70 zone 8yrs ago, the cops came round my house, I wasn't home and as soon as I was told, I went straight to the local cop shop and admitted my fault. Have not lost a demerit point since, maybe it will make you think twice before testing your car on public roads
Old 21-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #39
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi GTFPV,

Rather a lot of assumptions here, and at least one of them could be regarded as offensive.

It is true that cars capable of high speeds can be registered in Oz, but that does not absolve the operators from obeying the road rules, travelling at the speed limits that are set, (I'm not getting into whether or not they are reasonable here, that's another thread topic) and keeping their cars under control.

The OP has admitted that a mistake was made and a penalty applied. Good enough, and there has been some sympathy shown here for the OP - fair enough.

But my question is "what has been learned?", since the OP admitted driving a car to the point that, if not out of control, was very close to it. I'm sure that there are people who care about the OP, parents and a partner making three immediately and perhaps children, for all I know.

Next time the car may go beyond the limit and then it gets to be in the lap of whatever God you might pray to as to what happens and the consequences could be much, much worse than the penalty currently in force. But should that happen we will not get to know about it here, will we?

Consequences always follow any action. And in this case the only better one that might have resulted would be that the police were not travelling by at the time. Or would it have been? Since in that case there would be no brake on the OP's actions, with perhaps quite different results.

I see you have had a reply, but, what the heck....

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Old 21-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #40
nstg8a

Quote:
the difference in those examples is that they all have somewhere legal to enjoy their chosen hobby...
Old 21-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #41
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
hahahaha LOL . i like your style and that is well written . but please , keep it in perspective , i'm not sure this guy is an idiot for what he has done .
if he is than we all are for something or another .
Please don't get me wrong, I am not for a moment saying that the guy is an idiot, If I thought he was,I would not let the fear of upsetting forum members hold me back from saying so. What I am saying is what he did was what he got pinged for, end of story. He has manned up (which I think you will find is a common thread of mine, break the law and cop it sweet, don't start pleading revenue raising or "unfair I was only....."), and his actions don't need justification or pity from anyone else based on the fact that what he did was not on a main road, or not during school let out or any other such apparently inexcusable scenario.
Old 21-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #42
kezzer

who cares, he did it, was caught and has now paid the consequence. I doubt there is a member who has not broken the law somehow. At least this bloke was doing it out of sight and wasn't endangering anyones life.
Old 21-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #43
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
the difference in those examples is that they all have somewhere legal to enjoy their chosen hobby...
And you /we don't???
Old 21-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #44
nstg8a

Quote:
And you /we don't???
not to enjoy them to their potential, no.
Old 21-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #45
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This thread is useless without pics.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 21-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #46
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I can't see how the OP was punished. He gets to keep his car in his shed. How did they impound it that way? Take his keys? Put a padlock on the shed?

All this thread says to me is, make sure you've got big wheels on your ride if you want to be an idiot.

One last comment. Had this been a Commonwhore driver in this thread, imagine the bagging he would have copped. I reckon the thread would have been 5 pages long by now. Not 2

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 21-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #47
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620hp_gt
Had my GT-P impounded last night, alleged 80meter excessive wheel spin.

Cant believe it really! Fitted New High-stall converter, replaced and strengthed all the Diff mounts and thought i would test drive it on a back road out of town.

As I'm going sideways down the road with a cloud smoke, the law drives past.

Anyway, after an hour interveiw I'm told to take my car home and they will be around in half hour to clamp it.

When they came with clamp, it was only designed for stock rims and not the 19's. Couldn't clamp it thank-FPV.

So now its impounded in my shed with no clamp. Not funny, not proud... But the cops were shattered leaving with there expensive useless Clamp.
Now I realise that there are many anarchists and evangelists on here who will/have thrown out their rather singular and polarised opinions but I would like to make one point.

As a person who may or may not have done many many crazy things on the roads over the last 35 odd years I would have thought that if a police officer actually saw you doing this then you really were not on "a back road out of town", well not out of town enough anyway.

So learn the lesson.

If you want to have fun go somewhere where it is safe (that is a place where you will not get into trouble like private property or a dedicate facility NOT a road way out in woop woop that you have previously scouted and have set up cockatoos because that will upset the do gooders and the old Australian tradition of "not being a dobber" is long gone).

What was once normal and everyday is now a crime against the state in 2010.

Be safe out there.......
Old 21-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #48
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll say it again...... and in big writing for all to see.

GLASS HOUSES

Rightous, judgemental lot!
Leave the man alone. He has done something that we have all had a go at one time or another. Difference being he got caught so he gets labelled a hoon, idiot or what've you keyboard warriors wish to call him. Get a life. Get off your butts and go offer someone a few words of encouragement from time to time instead of criticism. You will feel better about life.
Also there is a better way of putting across your feelings of displeasure for what he did then coming out and calling him an idiot, etc.

Answer this question honestly. You have told the guy he's "an idiot" according to you. What pleasure do you get from delittling someone publicly like that? Or is it that you do not have the capacity to put it across in a more diplomatic way that he just may get something positive out of what you say?

Probably one of the reasons why society is as it is. Because we do not put any thought into what we say and we have little if nothing nice to say to one another.

:
Old 21-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #49
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Because he's a human being. Sometimes people make mistakes.
Sometimes they just like to pull a rippa skid out of harms way too ;)
Old 21-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.

GLASS HOUSES

Leave the man alone. He has done something that we have all had a go at one time or another. Difference being he got caught so he gets labelled a hoon, idiot or what've you keyboard warriors wish to call him. Get a life, Get off your butts and go offer someone a few words of encouragement from time to time instead of criticism. You will feel better about life.
Also there is a better way of putting across your feelings of displeasure for what he did then coming out and calling him an idiot, etc.

Answer this question honestly. You have told the guy he "an idiot" according to you. What pleasure do you get from delittling someone publicly like that? Or is it that you do not have the capacity to put it across in a more diplomatic way that he just may get something out of what you say?

Probably one of the reasons why society is as it is. Because we do not put any thought into what we say and we have little if nothing nice to say to one another.

:
GIVE IT A REST.....

"Appologists" are just as bad as "stone throwers"...
The guy has led with his chin, even he's accepted the criticism with good will.

There's a time and place for everything.. this particular occasion was wrong time and wrong place...

Old 21-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #51
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
GIVE IT A REST.....

"Appologists" are just as bad as "stone throwers"...
The guy has led with his chin, even he's accepted the criticism with good will.
Specking of KBW's!

NO! WHY DON"T YOU GIVE IT A REST CHAMP!

You of all people ..............!

Oh. By the way. You have spelt "apologists" wrong. Thought I'd just mention that in the hope that you may learn something today. :

Cheers. :

Last edited by J.C.; 21-02-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 21-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #52
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by imugli
Not good that you got busted :-( but have to say it's refreshing to read someone actually admit they were at fault, that the cops were only doing their job and take it on the chin.

Hurrah! to you, sir.

PS. Sounds like one awesome Falc you have there :-)
I'm all for road saftey...... but sometimes if your old and wise and go the back street to test and there is no one around to get in your way..... but the cops were around I guess. But good for you manning up and all.
Old 21-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #53
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
obviously a saint who has never done anything wrong
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 21-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #54
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
who cares, he did it, was caught and has now paid the consequence. I doubt there is a member who has not broken the law somehow. At least this bloke was doing it out of sight and wasn't endangering anyones life.
I agree with this but I am old and remember when police would tell you to take it out of town or go to an industrial area to do burnouts.
I think within the next 10 years with the amount of social conditioning going on that we will see people losing control of their bowels if they are in a car that goes 15kph over the speed limit.

I am far more concerned about people who stand by when someone is getting attacked in the street and do nothing ,than if someone does a burnout on a country road.

Lately I have been thinking this forum is turning into Prius forums
Old 21-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #55
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

:
Being able to voice one's impolite opinions anonymously to an audience on the internet has probably bled out into society in general. Otherwise conservatives have become mice that roar. Just run off at the mouth, tattle tale, dismiss people contemptuosly and generally become a social pariah, it doesn't matter because the only real friends are internet buddies who share the same principles.
Old 21-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #56
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by B mobile
I'm all for road saftey...... but sometimes if your old and wise and go the back street to test and there is no one around to get in your way..... but the cops were around I guess. But good for you manning up and all.
And it still goes on, especially in a well known industrial park here in Brisbane where I have a workshop. Yesterday I had to put up with middle aged blokes peeling rubber from GTRs, a Hilux ute and even a venerable HR. It annoys the ********** out of me, but I figure it's safer than doing it in the bush and I can always call an ambo at short notice.
Old 21-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #57
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:

GLASS HOUSES

Leave the man alone. He has done something that we have all had a go at one time or another. Difference being he got caught so he gets labelled a hoon, idiot or what've you keyboard warriors wish to call him. Get a life. Get off your butts and go offer someone a few words of encouragement from time to time instead of criticism. You will feel better about life.

Answer this question honestly. You have told the guy he's "an idiot" according to you. What pleasure do you get from delittling someone publicly like that? Or is it that you do not have the capacity to put it across in a more diplomatic way that he just may get something positive out of what you say?

:
+1.. some people on here must be the most well behaved role models... would someone think of the children please....

*yawn* he took ownership, he got caught... GROW UP, if he did it in a residential area id say fair call but it seems that alot of you on here are purely oppinionated and forget about all the mistakes you have made in your life.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 21-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #58
b2tf
not here much anymore

Sigh......