Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Events

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Event invite: 26th September Londonderry NSW Real Fine Stuff

Hi guys I hope you don’t consider this spam but I'll understand if it is removed as such.

I'm a Deputy Captain with my local Rural Fire Brigade and as part of our annual station open day we're holding the Real Fine Stuff Automotive Day, its a pretty casual day but its open to all cars and we would love to have a few of you guys there to fly your club flag

There is a site page to keep you up to date http://www.hotrodclub.info/rodrun.htm

If you need more info Just PM me

Thanks

Mike

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 28-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK here’s a bit of info now and no doubt there will be more to come, this day is shaping up to be a cracker with loads of people and organisations willing to give us their support.

As you know this event is being held in conjunction with the NSW Rural Fire Service state open day, so if you are in NSW, live in a rural or semi rural area and cant make it to Londonderry, be sure to drop in at your local RFS station as the guys and girls will be only too happy to show you around and help you plan and give you all the information you need to prepare for the 2009/2010 fire season, I know we say it every year but looking at the statistics its been quite some time since NSW has had a ‘real’ fire season, so if you prepare your home and property now it could very well pay results come summer.

At Londonderry we are a Village category station this means we not only do bush grass and scrub fire but we also respond to homes and other structures as well as Motor vehicle accidents and any thing else your normal full time or retained fire brigade would turn out too.

This will be the focus of our demonstrations, what to do if you have a kitchen fire, how to choose an extinguisher, demonstrations on using the extinguisher. We are also planning a joint demonstration with another organisation with a simulated motor vehicle accident, (this is planed to go worst case scenario )

So we figure as we have a car there to do with as we see fit, why not blow the engine up, it’s a little different to guessing how many jelly beans in a jar as we don’t know before we turn the key how long it will last.

On top of this we are planning a little audience participation, so how strong are you hot rodders???? How about we face off 2 Fire tankers + 2 lengths of rope 2 teams, who can tug the tanker over the distance faster????? Come on guys show us what ya got!!!!

You would think all that would fill the day up wouldn’t you? Well we haven’t stopped there, we also have DylanDrew performing on the truck stage.

Here are some photos taken back in January at Whitegates Rd Londonderry.

Old 28-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woo hoo, we got a great write up in the local paper yesterday

Old 08-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit of a press shoot on Saturday this isnt one for the paper its just one we squeezed off

Old 14-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to clarify a few points that seem to be the focus of most phone calls I have relating to the event

There is no pre registration, just turn up on the day, the guys from the hotrod clubs will park you, they will then come to you and you fill out a simple entry thing pay your $5.00 and enjoy the day. We figure your there to support us and have a good time so why bother with pre registration formalities.

Yes every one in your car gets in with the $5.00 entry fee, hell you’ve been supportive enough to come out we’re not gonna hit you up any extra for your passengers.

ITS NOT JUST HOT RODS, the event is open to any thing with wheels, including but defiantly not limited to, hotrod’s customs, classics, muscle cars, drag cars, street machines, imports, rotaries, 4WD’s late model cars, mini trucks, feral Ute’s bikes, choppers, working trucks, fender benders, if its got wheels bring it out we’d love to see it.

As you can see, by the amount of styles of cars encouraged to enter it would be impossible to have category’s so there are no categories, you won’t be winning best Sedan, Coupe Ute or pick up. The judging is done by the firefighters and there will be a trophy for each ranging field officer, Captain, Senior Deputy Captain, Deputy Captain & 2 X Fire fighters trophies.

Here’s the Captains Trophy so you know what were talking about no there not your average gold coloured plastic thing, you get form the local trophy shop.

Old 24-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not Long now, should be a great day

Old 25-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
shadowXR8
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

I am going out to this if anyone else is thinking of going send me a pm and work out a meet point.

Tickford GT _2:
Previous ride BA XR6T Acid Rush

FPV - Tickford Club of NSW Member
Closed Thread