Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Default Photoshopped backgrounds

Instead of the usual "Photoshopped car" pics (rims, colour, etc.), I wanted to try editing, or completely replacing, the backgrounds instead (this is really just an excuse to show off my car again).

First something basic - blurring the existing background:

Then I tried dropping my car into an existing photo, like this Ford Fiesta promo shot in Tuscany (not too happy with this one):

I did this one a while back:

I also tried modifying the existing photo backgrounds.
The original shot had warehouses in the back, so I dropped in a tree line to give it a more rally-inspired theme:

I took this one last night (the car's still dirty from the rains). I had some blue LEDs handy, so I put them under the car for added effect. I pasted a suspension bridge in the backgound to add drama.

I did all these fairly quickly, so they're not perfect. Still, if I can't find a suitable place for a photo shoot, it's handy to know how to cheat.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
macou

very nice, I like... a lot.
macou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love your car dude. It looks sweet. It's cool because while it looks fairly riced up compared to the normal model, it's not OTT, and it looks ralley! Cudos mate.
Old 16-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

they look good Fled. Its proves photoshop's not only good for clone-stamping/erasing over pimples in model shots for vogue ;)
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Thanks guys. I'll be taking the stripes off soon; I have other ideas up my sleeve. Hope I can get it all done by Small Ford Sunday next February!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 16-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I think you're onto something there Fled. I'd imagine my Focus "dropped" into the streets of Monaco or anywhere on the Nurburgring.

Is there a particular program you used to get the effects of the above photos?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome stuff mate. Got time to do my car too.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I used an old version of Adobe Photoshop (ver.6). I don't mind doing shots of other people's cars - as long as the lighting in the photos to be merged is a close match, it shouldn't be too hard.

I did some "drifting" pics of a couple of members' cars a long while ago - I'll need to dig up the images.