Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #31
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Walki, would you recommend getting the 1521a without a chip?? I've read that it's not a great idea with an auto, but what about with a 5spd?

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #32
galapogos01
eec tweaker

im about to try running a 1521a with an auto, 3.9s & eventually a chiptorque chip.. heres hoping.

while im waiting for the chip, im thinking i will try that ISC mod pretty quickly to sort out idle.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #33
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sweet! Let me know how it goes galapogos.

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #34
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_Forte
Time for a 1521a and a chip I feel! lol

What other sort of things should I be looking at improving? The car is running the completely stock intake so I think there may be some power to gain by playing round with that side of things.
If you do get a chip could you tell us which one you got and how much it set you back. thanks.
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #35
fredwah

g'day every one, just new to this site and not sure how to log any comments onto the forum so if anyone can give me some hints it would be good. Any way while i'm here i might aswell ask some questions. I have an AU2 wagon and starting to give it some more guts, i've got a 2.5 inch exhuast on it at the moment (from the cat back) and a K&N filter. I've have a ss induction kit coming in next week, I've already replaced the standard hose from the rear of the air filter box with a wider length of hose. i'm putting pace maker headers on it in the near future aswell. what type of performance chip should I put in it. I've spoken to a bloke at Top Gear in Townsville and he reckons i should get about 195fwkw with what i have planned to do. I don't want to spend a shed load of money and turn it into a monster, just after some more grunt. Am i going about it the right way?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:25 AM   #36
loxxr6
XB in parts...

A Unichip http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/unichip/unichip.htm or Chiptorque chip http://www.chiptorque.com.au/ will do fine.

You could change your cam but I reckon you'll have better luck with keeping your car insured if you go the chip option.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:40 AM   #37
CruizinEB
Banned

Let me know how it dose.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post