Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #31
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

woops !
Old 24-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #32
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

I've a question on payouts and how they are structured.
If you were an hourly paid employee in the mechanicial trades how is it calculated?
I don't want anyone to reveal their dollar amount if you don't want to but I've heard many different methods in offering a payout figure.

I've heard at my company - 4 wks pay, plus 3 wks pay per years of service, plus all unused annual and long service leave. Thats for the monthly salary paid workforce - apparently not offered for the hourly paid employees.
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #33
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR MAN
I've a question on payouts and how they are structured.
If you were an hourly paid employee in the mechanicial trades how is it calculated?
I don't want anyone to reveal their dollar amount if you don't want to but I've heard many different methods in offering a payout figure.

I've heard at my company - 4 wks pay, plus 3 wks pay per years of service, plus all unused annual and long service leave. Thats for the monthly salary paid workforce - apparently not offered for the hourly paid employees.
By hourly paid employee, do you mean that its a 'casual' classified employee, if so then there are no redundancy payments applicable ..... unless a casual has been in the position for over a given period of time in which case they should have been reclassified a 'permanent part timer' ..... but to start off with, you need to be specific as to what the position is classified ie casual, perm part time, etc.... not sure which state you're in, but if you're qld based then I'd suggest looking up http://www.wageline.qld.gov.au as they are more than willing to talk through a given scenario in my experience ....
Old 24-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #34
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Full time employee (15yrs +) , pay is calculated by the hour and gets paid overtime and penalties etc...., as opposed to salary paid staff that work for a fixed amount per month, regardless of extra hrs worked per day / week.
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I work for a company that builds Recreational Vehicles (Motorhomes and Campers) and we're actually busier than this time last year. I'm clocking up heaps of overtime at the moment. We were a bit worried about our jobs when the GFC hit last year orders started slowing down, but this year things have picked up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #36
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Got the news this morning, on the spot redundancy - transport company needs to cut back 20% of jobs.

Had a senior position running IT for them, and thought it a bit strange I couldn't log in today

I've been in IT for 10+ years and its new for me to be out of work - maybe time for a career change.

Anyone looking for employee's... as the Goodies motto goes:

Anything, Anywhere, Anytime
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #37
Ozzyiceman
Formula F6 - Hmmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal
Got the news this morning, on the spot redundancy - transport company needs to cut back 20% of jobs.

Had a senior position running IT for them, and thought it a bit strange I couldn't log in today

I've been in IT for 10+ years and its new for me to be out of work - maybe time for a career change.

Anyone looking for employee's... as the Goodies motto goes:

Anything, Anywhere, Anytime
Hi Tribal,

PM me mate, I manage an IT Recruitment Company on St Kilda Rd, I might be able to help.

Back on topic...all staff in our business will have our TPV's reduced by 10% from 1st April. Certainly a better option than more slash and burn which has been the norm over the past 6 months or so! 90% of some is better than 100% of nothing!
'02 Explorer - V6 - Mineral Grey
One Day! '69 RoadRunner or '71 Plymouth Cuda or '66 Pontiac GTO
Too much horsepower is just about enough." - Carroll Shelby
Ozzyiceman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #38
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havent but a mate of mine who's in construction got made redunant in January, couldnt find anthing in Melbourne so he went to Sydney to work until they finished the work (which took arounfd 4 weeks). He hasnt been able to find work since has been back in Melb
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #39
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Sorry to hear that Tribal.

Ozzy, TPV? Total Package ?? So you are giving your team a reduction on their OTE, is that right? I can relate to that, I have my bonuses frozen at the moment...
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #40
Ozzyiceman
Formula F6 - Hmmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Sorry to hear that Tribal.

Ozzy, TPV? Total Package ?? So you are giving your team a reduction on their OTE, is that right? I can relate to that, I have my bonuses frozen at the moment...
That's right - Total Package Value. My team has a incentive scheme in place and if they hit their target (KPI's), then they will achieve their OTE. But, because the TPV has been reduced, so have the KPI's, so theoritically if they meet their original KPI's (and not the revised one's) they should still achieve the same OTE. Make sense?
'02 Explorer - V6 - Mineral Grey
One Day! '69 RoadRunner or '71 Plymouth Cuda or '66 Pontiac GTO
Too much horsepower is just about enough." - Carroll Shelby
Ozzyiceman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #41
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im currently at 180% of my KPI - as well as the rest of my team. but still - no bonus. We were told we wouldnt get them a couple of weeks ago - the CEO put a 2 sentence note about the fact that no one other then the sales team would get bonus's at the end of the fiscal year in the middle of his monthly notice.

Me thinks the cash has been put to good use somewhere.. Oh yeah - the CEO just put in notice to resign.. hmmm...
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #42
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

contractors are dropping like flies up here ,another 400 miners .

there is a benefit for me it will bring rental and house prices down,currently 1000 plus for 3 bedroom shanty.
Old 14-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #43
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.industrysearch.com.au/New...ank_says-37941

Article suggesting the real job less rate is 11.7%

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #44
macca13

Well I have one more week at work but have been transferred to a gold mine in WA so busy getting everything ready for the move. On the plus side metal prices are slowly climbing again.
macca13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #45
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

What an amazing turnaround. Only 8-10 months ago you couldn't get staff and if you didn't have a job you were a bludger, then BANG !!! 3 words, Global Financial crisis, since then it has just died in the ****...........
Old 06-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #46
Frenzy
Starter Motor

Yeah i picked a bad time to try and get into mining, quit my normal job, did a couple courses then bam no jobs at all.
I guess there will be some more when everything recovers in a 1 year or 2? :
Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #47
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Luckily my company has a tender from the government and its just been extended until september 2011 so our jobs are all pretty safe at the moment which is great news. The bad news that came with it is that they've axed the bonus's for next financial year and all the salaries have been frozen. (axed 2 annual bonus's is soemthing thats never happened here before)
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #48
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Yeah i picked a bad time to try and get into mining, quit my normal job, did a couple courses then bam no jobs at all.
I guess there will be some more when everything recovers in a 1 year or 2? :
Yes it has flipped quite quickly but no more really than it has done before. The biggest shock here I suspect is being felt by the under 30s who have never seen this before and have been living in a time of plenty where everything was easy and you just flitted between jobs and worked when you felt like it.

The big nasty is yet to come. The 40 gazillion days interest free plasma/game consoles/PC/whatever and Visa/MC/Amex will have to be paid eventually and if there is no income then there will be a lot of stress and possible bankruptcy.

Credit has been too easy in the last 10 years and now it is going to bit. Unfortunately the banks and credit companies will not be the losers here.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #49
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Fortunantly no!

My dad was sacked 3 days before his probation was up as head of the sales dept at CMC markets - a bit dog but i guess thats how it goes.

I was surprised when he told me he got a new job actually - dead smack in the middle of a recession!
I too was made redundant at...CMC Markets Sales Division. As well as another sales workmate. He was so shattered, he just grabbed his bag & left, in tears.

Glad your dad found a new job straight away. I think we may have left the building at about the same time (different States). Is your dad's surname
Dawson?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #50
4117kev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was given a permenant holiday in Feb this year, I have been in the training industry for 10years for general and civil construction so I have started my own training company to see if I can't help others who have fallen into the same predicament.

QLD based Traffic control, blue cards that sort of thing to start with, so this could be the best thing that happened to me.
4117kev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #51
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

i got the bullet at work on the 23rd april, took them 3 weeks to send out a seperation certificate citing "shortage of work"

how the hell is that any different to being made redundant is what i wanna know