Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
EBII4.L

Default my cruise ctrl doesnt work! what can it be

i have an EBII faimont and i was wondering why my cruise ctrl doesnt work? as usual you need to be going at least 50 kms for the cruise ctrl to activate, but my makes a funny noise behind the cluster, some kind of relay or something , do any of you guys have any suggestions for what to do to get it working again?

thanks

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

might be the Cruise ECU? but I think on EB2 they were mounted in the centre console so ignore that :P

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:40 AM   #3
EBII4.L

oh is it that speed ctrl unit underneath the console? would i have to replace it.?
Old 08-08-2005, 01:43 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

that could be it, it also could be the actual mechanism in the enginebay...

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #5
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

i was told by a former mechanic at work to check your brake lights. If they're not working then your cruise control wont... *shrugs* worth a try i suppose.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
EBII4.L

i've checked everything now the only source is that speed control unit. im gonna change that and see how it goes, if its not that then i'm clueless. why all these problems just this mornin my fuel pump is playin up on me luckily i drove out of the driveway and died on me =\
Old 08-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Wicherts

Fuse or see that under the bonnet the cruise control cable is mounted correctly and hasnt come loose. It happened to me to (right beside the accelorator cable). The bolt mounting the cable came loose.