Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Can anyone confirm a fatal crash (WA)?

There was a post left by a member on another forum I visit, he frequents the Car section and just bought himself a new white Toyota Supra and anyway, a post come from his account about an hour ago:

Quote:
Hi guys, before I start I don't want any flames in this thread due to its sensitive nature.

As some of you may or may not know Arlex (Charlie) was killed early this morning shortly after he arrived at his home in Perth. I'm one of Arlex's close friends (Dean) (I've sometimes browsed through the threads on digital poison but I've never actually registered). I'm currently at Arlex's house with his grieving family.

When Arlex got home at around 9am he gave me a call asking if I wanted to see his new supra, and of course I obliged. So after about 20 minutes cruising in his new supra he wanted to race me (I own a r33). It had been raining the previous night so the roads were still a little wet.

Not long after we got ourselves onto the highway and fanged it up (stupid - I know). I don't know what was going through Arlex's mind, but after I started to slow down he just kept speeding up. When he was doing around 160-180kms he must have clipped some dirt on the side of the road and lost control and unfortunately ran head on into another car (The other drive is luckily still alive and is in hospital at the moment).

I have to leave soon the police also want to ask me a few questions (even they already did at the accident), There's not much more I can tell you other then he was a really great bloke and he died too young...

here is a picture of the crash

Now, I'm 95% sure this is fake, but that doesn't sound like him posting, he usually only comes on to insult everyone about being 'crappy drivers' and uses the word 'bogan' a ton. Its come from his same IP address he usually posts from and the picture is linked from imageshack rather than a news site, UNLESS he grabbed a screenshot from a local TV broadcast and cropped the image, because there is no watermark and the image resolution doesn't match TV broadcasts. Can anyone from WA confirm this crash if it has made the local news or something? Would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.

Last edited by Daymoe; 01-12-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Fake

How would he have gotten a picture if there is no sign of it being reported on the news
Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Fake

How would he have gotten a picture if there is no sign of it being reported on the news
Thats what I was thinking, thanks for helping. Can anyone else report in?
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

sorry to post link from another site but here is what really happened in america http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=467727&page=2
Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

hint: if you want to find out if something is real or not just search it in google took me 2 minutes to find that page
Old 01-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Another thing:

Quote:
When Arlex got home at around 9am he gave me a call asking if I wanted to see his new supra, and of course I obliged. So after about 20 minutes cruising in his new supra he wanted to race me (I own a r33). It had been raining the previous night so the roads were still a little wet.
Now check the pic

Bone dry!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack351
sorry to post link from another site but here is what really happened in america http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...=467727&page=2
Aha! Thanks much! Busted.
Quote:

Old 01-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
hint: if you want to find out if something is real or not just search it in google took me 2 minutes to find that page
Nice find, I can see why it was cropped now :
Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, it was set up in today arvo to see how people would react. Thanks
Quote:

Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #10
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

post that link on whatever forum it was posted on mate.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
post that link on whatever forum it was posted on mate.
Already have, thanks much boys, AFF comes through every time.
Quote:

Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #12
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

haha yeah people with to much time on there hands. there was a fatal crash here on friday afternoon. a guy had a heart attack and went over medium strip head on with a dad and his 4 children in the car. pretty sure the father was the one who died horrific seen. the one with the dad and children in it was a blue ba sedan the front bumper on the drivers side was pushed back into the dash. fairly certain that it was the ba with the kids in it. made me sick going past it poor children. but none of the children were hurt badly. but i dare say scarred for life. not a good scene to see. It happened at motto farm n.s.w. i try and avoid that road as much as possible.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

was going to start a thread for it but i already started typing my hearts go out to all involved in the accident and the families. accidents do happen all the time and thats why i dont get people hooning around carelessly. especially in the rain thats when i wish i was a cop book them for reckless driving. keep your eyes peeled on the road aye.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #14
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
was going to start a thread for it but i already started typing my hearts go out to all involved in the accident and the families. accidents do happen all the time and thats why i dont get people hooning around carelessly. especially in the rain thats when i was a cop book them for reckless driving. keep your eyes peeled on the road aye.
Well I was all set to cut and paste his admissions in an email to the cops.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
BlackLS
yum

There are no dedicated traffic helicopters in WA.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #16
azaxr8

Fake, How low life do you have to be to do this? pathetic.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #17
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

No prizes for guessing why this got closed.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Closed Thread